We need help getting enough donations to pay the monthly server bill. Click the thermometer to learn more.
Note: clicking on the above banners and making ANY purchase returns a commission to Turker Nation.
If you can't see the ad, please click on Shop on Amazon instead. | Want to advertise here? PM Spamgirl to learn more!

Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: All answers about returning HITs are here

Thanks

All answers about returning HITs are here

Ok, I understand the accepted/rejected stats and what they mean to my ability to work. But what about accepting and returning HITs?

Are requesters able to see how many HITs I've returned? Will it affect my ability to receive some of the qualifications? Do they/can they set up their HIT so that people with high returns can't access the HIT?

Does anyone else return a significant percentage of HITs? For so many of them, you can't see what you'll be working on until you accept the HIT. When I see that it's something I have a higher chance of being rejected on (either because the image is blurry or the audio is difficult, and I'm just so inexperienced), I give that HIT back. While I am confident that giving it back is better than getting a rejection - especially since I'm less than three days into this - I'm not so confident that I'm not creating a different problem for myself.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to ann7fin For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Returned and abandoned hits are rarely used for qualifications. I have only seen the abandoned rate used once and even then it was something like Abandoned hits is less than 50% which would be a lot to abandon. Here are my stats just for an example.
    HITs Accepted 80453 —
    ... Submitted 75594 94.0%
    ... Returned 4126 5.1%
    ... Abandoned 731 0.9%
    I think I abandon and return more than most people but it's never kept me from doing any hits. I don't think reuqesters can see any of your overall stats.

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Rosengurtle For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I have never had a problem because of my returned HIT percentage. My current stats are:

HITs Accepted 43079
    ... Submitted 38612 89.6%
    ... Returned 4214 9.8%
    ... Abandoned 253 0.6%

At one point when I was doing a lot of Content Galore HITs, my returned %age was up to almost 20, and it still did not keep me from any work. It is possible for a requester to set a qualifiaction that has to do with return or abandoned rates, but I have only seen one that I remember, and I think it was a return rate of 50% or something silly like that.

Edit to add: Doh, RG beat me to it Funny that we both remember the 50%! I think RG's right, it may have been abandoned not returned, either way that number was ridiculous!
    Last edited by workasaurusrex; 09-15-2011 at 12:10 PM.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to workasaurusrex For This Useful Post:

Thanks

My return rate has jumped in the past year from 1.5% to a 4.6%. This has never prevented me from doing any hits. Requesters very seldom ever use the return rate for a qualification. In years past I was able to look over a hit first before accepting the hit. NowadaysI need to accept the hit first then look over the hit because the hit will be accepted by another worker. Many times after accepting a hit I find that the hit is not worth doing or there is some kind of tech problem with the hit. I am not sure why AMT has the return % on the workers dashboard. It seems to be a useless stat to me.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dalturker For This Useful Post:

Thanks

The only concern is that a requester can see that you returned their hits and could block you if they are a real jerk. The only one I know that did this was Oscar so it's not a serious sorry but it could happen. A normal person wont care if some people return hits long as it gets done by someone.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to zerdafennecus For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Fantastic feed back ya'll!! If I ever get to the point of 50% returned hits, then maybe I SHOULD be blocked.

zerdafennecus: very very helpful - Oscar is the one I return the most HITs for. Until I can see the biz card, I can't tell if I'll be able to read the relevant info. Maybe I should just stop doing those. Besides, the pay sucks!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ann7fin View Post
    Fantastic feed back ya'll!! If I ever get to the point of 50% returned hits, then maybe I SHOULD be blocked.

zerdafennecus: very very helpful - Oscar is the one I return the most HITs for. Until I can see the biz card, I can't tell if I'll be able to read the relevant info. Maybe I should just stop doing those. Besides, the pay sucks!
    3 blocks and your account at Mturk can be banned.

That's good to know. In the first day, I accidentally abandoned some... And when I was trying to submit, a couple of times I clicked on return. I immediately thought, "great I've already destroyed my record..".

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by melodymaker View Post
    In the first day, I accidentally abandoned some... And when I was trying to submit, a couple of times I clicked on return. I immediately thought, "great I've already destroyed my record..".
    Yeah, I did something like that my first day, too. The interface isn't exactly the most intuitive or self-explanatary for the most fresh-faced, inexperienced newbies, huh?

Thanks

I've seen one job batch that wouldn't let me work because I only had a 99.5% submission rate. But that was the only one...

Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast