We need help getting enough package purchases to pay the monthly server bill. Click the thermometer to learn more.
Note: clicking on the above banners and making ANY purchase returns a commission to Turker Nation.
If you can't see the ad, please click on Shop on Amazon instead. | Want to advertise here? PM Spamgirl to learn more!

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18

Thread: All answers about returning HITs are here

Thanks

There's some info available under the "qualification" tab at the top of mTurk.

I'm just not sure that it is an exact count - could have sworn I'd returned more than that.

Rejected and abandoned numbers are correct, though.

CF

Thanks
    Thanked 3,668 Times in 889 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by le.widell View Post
    Where are you guys seeing the rates for returned and abandoned hits?
    The abandoned and returned Hits rates were removed from the Dashboard, as they were useless statistic, that for practical purposes, had absolutely no bearing upon your mturk career path; yet somehow, despite their irrelevancy, they managed to cause a great deal of emotional suffering and OCD behaviors among new and old turkers alike.
    Quote Originally Posted by cfinley View Post
    There's some info available under the "qualification" tab at the top of mTurk.

I'm just not sure that it is an exact count - could have sworn I'd returned more than that.

Rejected and abandoned numbers are correct, though.

CF
    The numbers represented under the Qualifications tab for returned and abandoned Hits are your percentages and not the actual numbers.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bromeliad For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bromeliad View Post
    The abandoned and returned Hits rates were removed from the Dashboard, as they were useless statistic, that for practical purposes, had absolutely no bearing upon your mturk career path; yet somehow, despite their irrelevancy, they managed to cause a great deal of emotional suffering and OCD behaviors among new and old turkers alike.
    It's not common, but some HITs do specify submission, return, or abandonment rates.
    (Amazon says they can't do that any more; it would be more correct to say they can't do that easily any more).

I posted an article to TO discuss: "Returns (and Abandons, and Submission percentages) still matter for AMT workers: Proof of Pudding".

mmmturkeybacon created a script, "mmmturkeybacon Add Hidden Stats to Dashboard," which gives the dashboard the same statistics you can get from the Qualifications tab. The ratios are within 1.0% (not 0.1%, as formerly). As bromeliad points out, the raw numbers are no longer available.

I've used Mr. mmmturkeybacon's script for a week:
    Occasionally I get a "timeout error" from switching tabs quickly (because it works by actually inspecting a weird test HIT), but it never persists.

This is SO good to know. I had not seen it affect anything yet, but I wasnt sure, and was really sweating it!

I have to say, as a newbie I'm really appreciating all the info on here! I was just wondering about returns. I didn't even have to post my own question. Thanks!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,220 Times in 679 Posts

Returning HITS

Does it count against you if you change your mind and return a hit after you've accepted it?
    Scientists have determined that climate change is affected by a troop of ants.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,820 Times in 1,775 Posts

Returning HITs

I wondered if it somehow affects the requester when we return HITs?
    I had a requester email me after I had returned a HIT asking why I had. It was a transcription HIT and I didn't understand what the people were saying very well because they were using a lot of Spanish words. Rather than just writing ??? every few words, I figured I would return it and see if someone else could do it. They said to just go ahead and do the HIT next time. It made me wonder about numbers and percentages on their end as well.

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18