We need your help to make sure Turker Nation stays online. Please click the thermometer to learn more.
Note: clicking on the above banners and making ANY purchase returns a commission to Turker Nation.
If you can't see the ad, please click on Shop on Amazon instead. | Want to advertise here? PM Spamgirl to learn more!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Potato's In A Trash can?!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,818 Times in 835 Posts

Good luck! And keep us informed as to your progress. My suggestion would be to grow them in natural light and top the container with some kind of pretty house plant until the potatoes show. I understand that it may work well to add a little soil or sand as the plant tops start showing, so you'd have little potatoes growing all along the underground stem.

I used to grow potatoes in a ring of chicken wire with layered straw. You get nice, clean potatoes that way.

I'll be interested to find out if you have any success. The people I have known to try this have not, through lack of drainage or lack of watering. So make sure you keep the water levels good--tougher in a container than in the ground.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12