We need your help to make sure Turker Nation stays online. Please click the thermometer to learn more.
Note: clicking on the above banners and making ANY purchase returns a commission to Turker Nation.
If you can't see the ad, please click on Shop on Amazon instead. | Want to advertise here? PM Spamgirl to learn more!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Chat Room Information - how to get there, how to register your nickname, how to talk

Thanks, bid. I'll turn off the popup blocker and see if that makes a difference. I do have an additional question though: when I went to access chat via the Community tab as was suggested, when the Community menu opens, there's a rectangular ad of some sort for Amazon and Ebay covering over the menu items. Chat was last on the list before, so I could still click on it. Any idea why that rectangle covers over the menu?

Add: Just tried it without popup blocker, same result. Blank white screen. I am going about it the right way, aren't I? I would need to access Chat in order to register for Chat, correct?
    Last edited by FeistyLady99; 06-01-2014 at 04:08 PM. Reason: Additional info

Thanks
    Thanked 2,565 Times in 593 Posts

I can't say, I just tried the chat link and can't reproduce that error. My best suggestion is going to be downloading Chrome as a browser and trying that. And yes, you would have to be able to access the IRC server to register your Nickname.

Thanks

Hey Feisty,

I'm far from an expert but maybe this will help. And just so you know, I was on IE when I started here and chat worked for me. You need to download Chrome or Firefox but I'll tell you about that later.

I access chat by pushing the "Forum"button at the top left of any page. Now look just under the ads and right before the blue boundary for the forum you will see Red Letters that say "Click Here to View the Chatroom"

Try clicking there and see if it works for you. If it doesn't work, just below the Red letters it says "click here to open the chatroom in a popup window" this is what I prefer to do. One of those should work for you. You might have to tell IE to allow something or other but that's okay.

I hope this helps.

Cf

P.S. I resisted downloading Chrome for many reasons but if you're going to Turk, you need a different browser than IE. Why? Because Turkopticon doesn't work on IE. It works on Chrome and Firefox. You NEED Turkopticon.

It's very simple to load Chrome and then all you have to do is go to the Chrome "store" and download Turkopticon. So simple I did it with no help.

Thanks
    Thanked 32,183 Times in 9,470 Posts

Did you close your browser and then re open it? THis should not be happening.

Good morning! Yes, I had tried all the ways to enter Chat yesterday afternoon from IE and no go. As you know, I launched Chrome (first time ever) and was able to get in the Chat room through that. BTW TO does work in IE. Now my challenge will be to learn how to set up Chrome so that it sort of mimics IE (I love the Favorites Bar running at the top of the IE screens and set up all my quick access to websites buttons ... got to figure out if Chrome has the same kind of feature). I have just never been a Google fan (I was also a Windows holdout, preferring DOS and CPM).

Was really great chatting with some of the members yesterday and getting to know you all a little bit. Thanks for taking the time/effort to try to help with this darn IE issue. Looks like I'll spend part of this morning feeling my way around Chrome. Hopefully I'll catch you later today in Chat.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,375 Times in 2,067 Posts

For the bookmarks/favourites bar, press Ctrl-Shift-B
    It's all good.

To anybody else that happens onto this thread please see Spamgirls thread on downloading and using mIRC - it makes it so much easier to deal with the chat room.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to ainai2014 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,162 Times in 1,339 Posts

Here's the thread ainai2014 mentions http://turkernation.com/showthread.p...ITs-are-posted

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12