We need your help to make sure Turker Nation stays online. Please click the thermometer to learn more.
Note: clicking on the above banners and making ANY purchase returns a commission to Turker Nation.
If you can't see the ad, please click on Shop on Amazon instead. | Want to advertise here? PM Spamgirl to learn more!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chat Room Information - how to get there, how to register your nickname, how to talk

Thanks
    Thanked 6,379 Times in 2,070 Posts

Chat Room Information - how to get there, how to register your nickname, how to talk

irc.irchighway.net
    #TurkerNation

Webchat: http://widget.mibbit.com/?settings=4...23turkernation

How to register your nickname: http://www.cancontests.com/mirc/mirc2.html

How to set up mIRC (software to access chat without your browser open): http://turkernation.com/showthread.p...ITs-are-posted
    Last edited by spamgirl; 04-18-2017 at 10:50 PM.
    It's all good.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,379 Times in 2,070 Posts

It's all good.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to spamgirl For This Useful Post:

Would the chat be better to use then just poking through requesters?

Thanks

Thanks for posting; I have never used the chat room because truthfully it is a little intimidating (at least for me). I have logged in a couple of times but was unsure how to use. I guess I am too much of a lurker! I truly could have used the chat room my first month!

Thanks

How do I post on CHAT

I see my Username, but don't know how to post anything.
    Thanks!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,244 Times in 956 Posts

8. The Following User Says Thank You to RippedWarrior For This Useful Post:

I have to admit I'm more confused now then when I first started reading about Chat and associated issues with it. Maybe I'm too new and don't have access to it, so if that is the case, just tell me (only been a member since yesterday). I've been in some chat rooms before, but never had to go through requirement/registration steps. I cannot figure out how to register. I clicked on the link at the top of this thread for how to register your nickname, but when I click on the Chat Room link on the main forum page, I just get a big white window with no place to enter the information requested. The same thing happens when I follow the Webchat link at the top of this thread. Can someone please point me in the right direction?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,299 Times in 320 Posts

Just click the link to the chat room under community and it will open in a new window. Put in yout TN name in the field "nickname" and click connect and in a few second you will be in the chat room.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Project 2501 For This Useful Post:

Thank you for the quick reply, Project2501. I did as you instructed, but again I just get a big white screen with no field to enter my TN name. When I just randomly clicked on the white area, it suddenly changed to a light blue with a dividing line over on the right hand side, but again, it was just a blank screen. I did make sure my ad blocker was turned off. I'm using IE, do you know if I need to make sure any pop-up blockers are turned off as well?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,565 Times in 593 Posts

Do you have another browser besides IE? If not, try turning the blocker off and see if that helps. Webchat can be a bit obstinate at times, so just keep trying a few times.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast