We need your help to make sure Turker Nation stays online. Please click the thermometer to learn more.
Note: clicking on the above banners and making ANY purchase returns a commission to Turker Nation.
If you can't see the ad, please click on Shop on Amazon instead. | Want to advertise here? PM Spamgirl to learn more!

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Cats vs Dogs

Cats. I adore their independence. You've managed to do something special when one deigns to notice you. Or at least that's how it works with my two. We've also got two dogs, and I love them for who they are. And the ferret, whom all of the other critters would prefer to think of as lunch.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,141 Times in 1,063 Posts

I'm a cat person. Although I love dogs, I've always had cats. Also, I don't have a fenced in yard which I think I would want if I had dogs. I think I understand them and they understand me better . I think along with their independence, they are very intelligent (at least mine are ) They know when my hubby or I are not feeling well or are upset about something and we get more headbutts and snuggling

Thanks

BOTH! I have two dogs and two cats. Both of my cats are indoor/outdoor - I don't keep a litter box!

Thanks

I have a yorkie and six cats. Funny story about living with cats & dogs together. The male yorkie has taken a liking to one of the cats - also a male. And is always putting his paws on him and holding him down, "dominating" him. So the other day I heard Toto - the dog - yelping. And turned around and saw Cyrus, the cat, looking strangely at his rear end. And Toto holding his paws over his nose. No clue what happened, but I assume he somehow... insulted... the cat.
    Google "Freedom To Fascism"

Definitely cats! They're so much more self sufficient. And cuddly

6. The Following User Says Thank You to megachirops For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Dogs are sweet and lovable, but their loyalty sickens me sometimes. I have seen dogs treated pretty poorly as a child, and cats as well (if I knew how to I would have reported them, I was horrified enough). Dogs come running back to lick the foot that kicked them. Sadly, most of the time the dogs that stand up for themselves are put to sleep.

Cats are independent and stubborn enough that if I don't treat my kitty right, she or he will not be inclined to spend time with me. Some people think that cats are self-involved, but that is because they expect them to be as forgiving as a dog.

When my cat mews at me to go to bed so she can cuddle and my boy kitten runs up to me when I enter a room, I know it is not just loyalty, but a mutual respect and adoration that makes them love me.

Thanks
    Cats all the way. I live in a four cat household, which is a little intense sometimes, but I love them all. I had two cats, then I started dating a guy who also had two, and then we moved in together. So, I'm not a total crazy cat lady...or at least, I had some help getting there. I'd like to have a dog, but my boyfriend thinks the cats are more than enough right now. We do also have a couple of fish tanks.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PDxK View Post
    I would have to say dogs, specifically small dogs like Jack Russells and the like. I wouldn't say I particularly hate cats, I just don't like the fact that they crap in a box of sand.
    They have to crap in that box so that my dogs know where to go when they're hungry!

I'd say I'm starting to warm to dogs more, but both cats and dogs have their own uniquely disgusting habits.

Thanks

Cats. I relate more to them. They are independent and they enjoy solitude, but they love you fiercely when they're in the mood. I find dogs overbearing, the way they're always jumping on you and nudging you, and licking all over you. I hate being slobbered on.

Cats! You're on the internet I remind you haha

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast