Note: clicking on the above banners and making ANY purchase returns a commission to Turker Nation.
If you can't see the ad, please click on Shop on Amazon instead. | Want to advertise here? PM Spamgirl to learn more!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Fantasy Football

Thanks

Since there weren't enough fantasy people to make a team perhaps we can make this a strategy thread. Who you are looking to draft, sleepers, draft strategies. I was actually reading today some experts say to not even draft a defense or kicker and definetely only draft backup wr, rb and qb thoughts?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cpcoasterfan View Post
    Since there weren't enough fantasy people to make a team perhaps we can make this a strategy thread. Who you are looking to draft, sleepers, draft strategies. I was actually reading today some experts say to not even draft a defense or kicker and definetely only draft backup wr, rb and qb thoughts?
    Well, yeah. Statistically the difference between a number 1 kicker / D and a number 12 kicker / D is borderline insignificant, though it is completely dependent on your scoring system.

I don't have much of a strategy for serpentine drafts. I've played in an auction dynasty system for 7 years and wanted to see how a serpentine compared.

[GEEK ALERT]

My auction strategy is primarily based on a spreadsheet I developed that takes the average predicted production for each player (up to the limit determined by the structure of your team / scoring system) at each position and normalize it. Again, it is 100% dependent on your scoring system, but in most leagues certain positions have a significant scoring advantage.

My goal is to know how much each player is theoretically worth based on total cash available and talent remaining ahead of time so that I know who is a steal and who I need to upbid in order to draw cash out of the system.

I usually go in with just a couple players I have my heart set on and play the rest based on going prices. The couple players I usually have my heart set on are feature backs that don't have a handcuff =p

In reality you win championships on the waiver wire, not on draft day, but draft day is definitely the funnest part (for me).

Thanks

If I would've seen this earlier I definitely would have joined the fantasy football

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PDxK View Post
    If I would've seen this earlier I definitely would have joined the fantasy football
    I wish I would have seen this thread also.
    I am only in 1 league this year.

I'm playing in two leagues this year. One with my boss, 100 dollar buy-in and first place gets 800 bucks. I am currently 1-1 in the league and currently in 3rd place. I have the most points scored however, and my team is looking very strong.

The other league, where I am commish, I am in dead last. I won the league last year, but I had a terrible draft this time around. I am kicking myself with how badly I drafted. I am 0-2.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LostCrow View Post
    I'm playing in two leagues this year. One with my boss, 100 dollar buy-in and first place gets 800 bucks. I am currently 1-1 in the league and currently in 3rd place. I have the most points scored however, and my team is looking very strong.

The other league, where I am commish, I am in dead last. I won the league last year, but I had a terrible draft this time around. I am kicking myself with how badly I drafted. I am 0-2.
    This year I got busy, and completely forgot to set my pre-draft.
    I did pretty well drafting on the fly, and am now 2-0.
    I did pretty well in week 1, scored 176 points, which is the highest score so far this season.

Quote Originally Posted by yehrite69 View Post
    This year I got busy, and completely forgot to set my pre-draft.
    I did pretty well drafting on the fly, and am now 2-0.
    I did pretty well in week 1, scored 176 points, which is the highest score so far this season.
    Holy mess. What's your team looking like? In my buy-in league, I was lucky enough to get Arian Foster and Demarco Murray as my backs. And then, maybe round 11, I snagged up Spiller and he has been rocking it for me. My wide-outs are pretty strong as well with Amendola and A.J. Green as my main guys. I hope everyone stays healthy!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LostCrow View Post
    Holy mess. What's your team looking like? In my buy-in league, I was lucky enough to get Arian Foster and Demarco Murray as my backs. And then, maybe round 11, I snagged up Spiller and he has been rocking it for me. My wide-outs are pretty strong as well with Amendola and A.J. Green as my main guys. I hope everyone stays healthy!
    I got Drew Breeze, Julio Jones, and Demaryius Thomas early. My biggest surprise so far has been Willis McGahee, who I got very late as a bench player but had to play both weeks due to a couple of poor picks and no decent FAs available. His performance last week has earned him a start....lol

Breezus has really been struggling. I also have Julio Jones in one league and Demaryius Thomas in my buy-in league. Just can't pass up a receiver targeted by Manning.

Thanks

I took CJ in one of my leagues ouch it has killed me and now I am really pushing to get a trade for a rb because my wr are Denaryius thomas, reggie wayne, mike wallace, dwayne bowe, and steve smith lol

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast