Note: clicking on the above banners and making ANY purchase returns a commission to Turker Nation.
If you can't see the ad, please click on Shop on Amazon instead. | Want to advertise here? PM Spamgirl to learn more!




Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 21

Thread: Fantasy Football

  1. #11
    Member Cpcoasterfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    125
    Thanks
    21
    Thanked 18 Times in 15 Posts

    Since there weren't enough fantasy people to make a team perhaps we can make this a strategy thread. Who you are looking to draft, sleepers, draft strategies. I was actually reading today some experts say to not even draft a defense or kicker and definetely only draft backup wr, rb and qb thoughts?

  2. #12
    Member quizno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Posts
    223
    Thanks
    46
    Thanked 31 Times in 30 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Cpcoasterfan View Post
    Since there weren't enough fantasy people to make a team perhaps we can make this a strategy thread. Who you are looking to draft, sleepers, draft strategies. I was actually reading today some experts say to not even draft a defense or kicker and definetely only draft backup wr, rb and qb thoughts?
    Well, yeah. Statistically the difference between a number 1 kicker / D and a number 12 kicker / D is borderline insignificant, though it is completely dependent on your scoring system.

    I don't have much of a strategy for serpentine drafts. I've played in an auction dynasty system for 7 years and wanted to see how a serpentine compared.

    [GEEK ALERT]

    My auction strategy is primarily based on a spreadsheet I developed that takes the average predicted production for each player (up to the limit determined by the structure of your team / scoring system) at each position and normalize it. Again, it is 100% dependent on your scoring system, but in most leagues certain positions have a significant scoring advantage.

    My goal is to know how much each player is theoretically worth based on total cash available and talent remaining ahead of time so that I know who is a steal and who I need to upbid in order to draw cash out of the system.

    I usually go in with just a couple players I have my heart set on and play the rest based on going prices. The couple players I usually have my heart set on are feature backs that don't have a handcuff =p

    In reality you win championships on the waiver wire, not on draft day, but draft day is definitely the funnest part (for me).

  3. #13
    Member PDxK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    My Bed
    Posts
    149
    Thanks
    16
    Thanked 30 Times in 29 Posts

    If I would've seen this earlier I definitely would have joined the fantasy football

  4. #14
    Member yehrite69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    23
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by PDxK View Post
    If I would've seen this earlier I definitely would have joined the fantasy football
    I wish I would have seen this thread also.
    I am only in 1 league this year.

  5. #15
    I'm playing in two leagues this year. One with my boss, 100 dollar buy-in and first place gets 800 bucks. I am currently 1-1 in the league and currently in 3rd place. I have the most points scored however, and my team is looking very strong.

    The other league, where I am commish, I am in dead last. I won the league last year, but I had a terrible draft this time around. I am kicking myself with how badly I drafted. I am 0-2.

  6. #16
    Member yehrite69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    23
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by LostCrow View Post
    I'm playing in two leagues this year. One with my boss, 100 dollar buy-in and first place gets 800 bucks. I am currently 1-1 in the league and currently in 3rd place. I have the most points scored however, and my team is looking very strong.

    The other league, where I am commish, I am in dead last. I won the league last year, but I had a terrible draft this time around. I am kicking myself with how badly I drafted. I am 0-2.
    This year I got busy, and completely forgot to set my pre-draft.
    I did pretty well drafting on the fly, and am now 2-0.
    I did pretty well in week 1, scored 176 points, which is the highest score so far this season.

  7. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by yehrite69 View Post
    This year I got busy, and completely forgot to set my pre-draft.
    I did pretty well drafting on the fly, and am now 2-0.
    I did pretty well in week 1, scored 176 points, which is the highest score so far this season.
    Holy mess. What's your team looking like? In my buy-in league, I was lucky enough to get Arian Foster and Demarco Murray as my backs. And then, maybe round 11, I snagged up Spiller and he has been rocking it for me. My wide-outs are pretty strong as well with Amendola and A.J. Green as my main guys. I hope everyone stays healthy!

  8. #18
    Member yehrite69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    23
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by LostCrow View Post
    Holy mess. What's your team looking like? In my buy-in league, I was lucky enough to get Arian Foster and Demarco Murray as my backs. And then, maybe round 11, I snagged up Spiller and he has been rocking it for me. My wide-outs are pretty strong as well with Amendola and A.J. Green as my main guys. I hope everyone stays healthy!
    I got Drew Breeze, Julio Jones, and Demaryius Thomas early. My biggest surprise so far has been Willis McGahee, who I got very late as a bench player but had to play both weeks due to a couple of poor picks and no decent FAs available. His performance last week has earned him a start....lol

  9. #19
    Breezus has really been struggling. I also have Julio Jones in one league and Demaryius Thomas in my buy-in league. Just can't pass up a receiver targeted by Manning.

  10. #20
    Member Cpcoasterfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    125
    Thanks
    21
    Thanked 18 Times in 15 Posts

    I took CJ in one of my leagues ouch it has killed me and now I am really pushing to get a trade for a rb because my wr are Denaryius thomas, reggie wayne, mike wallace, dwayne bowe, and steve smith lol

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •