We need your help to make sure Turker Nation stays online. Please click the thermometer to learn more.
Note: clicking on the above banners and making ANY purchase returns a commission to Turker Nation.
If you can't see the ad, please click on Shop on Amazon instead. | Want to advertise here? PM Spamgirl to learn more!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: When will I get my earnings?

Thanks
    Thanked 6,459 Times in 2,090 Posts

When will I get my earnings?

Posted by kaine23:

So, you got your hits approved and made a nice bit of money and wondering to yourself "So when will this show up in my earnings?"

Payout times are roughly every 6-7 hours.

Amazon is on the west coast of the USA, so that's pacific time. let's use where I am, in NJ on the east coast in Eastern Time as an example.

Midnight over there is roughly 3am est here.
    6am over there is roughly 9am est here.
    12 pm over there is roughly 3pm est over here.
    6pm over there is roughly 9pm est over here.
    It's all good.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to spamgirl For This Useful Post:

This is a thread I thought I'd never reply to, but the procedure as stated here is the norm. These are Mechanical Turk Prepaid HITS. The idea is that, after a Requester approves your work, Amazon simply transfers your Reward for each HIT into your Amazon Payments Account.

However, yours truly now has seventeen approved HITS that are now past due for payment one full week. I have several more from Monday that have not been paid. Each day that goes by, only about forty percent of the approved HITS are actually getting paid out. By Thursday, I may indeed have over one-hundred dollars in HITS approved but unpaid. My account is not suspended. I've been doing this work since August 2010. Messages to Amazon have not yielded particularly informative replies. I'm not convinced they exactly grasp the problem.

After thousands of dollars in earnings, I've never had payments delayed beyond one business day until last week.

I started turking on 2/2. I now have 88 HITs submitted, 58 have been approved. Went to set up a withdrawal this morning and find out only 3 from 2/2 have been paid so far. Is this just a startup problem or something else?

Thanks

It could be a startup problem jrstark, or it could be lazy requesters who don't pay well. Make sure to use extensions like TurkOpticon, and use the Hall of Fame/Shame here to look up others' experiences with requesters. You don't want to get burned.

Although, I believe it could also be that your account was only just enabled to receive payments, and they will come in throughout the day/week. Are the HITs "Approved: Pending Payment" or just "Pending Approval?" There's a big difference.
    "Good communication is as stimulating as black coffee, and just as hard to sleep after."
    -Anne Morrow Lindbergh

They are "Approved: Pending Payment" and one more came through so now 4 are paid. I do have Turkopticon, and after I installed it only do over 4 on promptness, although have tried some with no reviews. The past few days I've had some HITs approved within hours. Here's one from the Hall of Fame, john-paul lacovara. His HIT from 2/2 was approved 2/3 and is one of those paid on 2/13. But I did another one yesterday, which is already "Approved: Pending Payment."

Thanks

New people don't get paid till after 10 days of working then it gets paid but not instantly so can be a few at a time like that. After that it works like
    outlined. There is also a monthly limit of 1,000 if you haven't added a credit card that can leave things pending till the next month. And you should add SSN right away if USA as occasionally there are problems with that.

I don't know what is going on with mtcatoctin since some are being paid and some aren't.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to zerdafennecus For This Useful Post:

I called Amazon Payments. The rep said it was not normal, that the non-verified bank account should not be holding up payments showing in the account. My credit card is already linked (used for payments on Amazon) but I have to wait until the penny deposits show up, even though it is the same account I use to receive my Amazon Affiliate commissions.

She sent an email to Mechanical Turk, and sent me the link to the MTurk contact page if I don't hear from them soon.

Again, 10 days isn't the problem, I started doing HITs on 2/2. But, I have only gotten paid for 4 HITs, in each case 10 days after they were approved (one on the 2nd, 3 on the 3rd). I had more that that approved by Feb. 3, but have not seen those yet. Aside from the details in the Payment account, is there any way to see what date a HIT was approved? All I can see in the Dashboard is the day I submitted, plus the status of "Pending Approval" "Approved - Pending Payment" and "Paid."

Thanks

Well date you started doesn't matter. It's ten days actually submitting a hit or more. Do a hit and then 50 days later do another will only count as 2 days. Then once you hit day ten it can take a few days to get them all actually paid once you hit ten days. It may be she's right and it's not meant to be that way but it always has been.

I don't know any way in dashboard to see when a hit was approved.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to zerdafennecus For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by jrstark View Post
    They are "Approved: Pending Payment" and one more came through so now 4 are paid. I do have Turkopticon, and after I installed it only do over 4 on promptness, although have tried some with no reviews. The past few days I've had some HITs approved within hours. Here's one from the Hall of Fame, john-paul lacovara. His HIT from 2/2 was approved 2/3 and is one of those paid on 2/13. But I did another one yesterday, which is already "Approved: Pending Payment."
    I'm in the same spot, so I'm glad you asked. My first payments were transferred over last night, but they came in slowly - first about $25, then another $15 or so, now I'm still sitting without payment on more than $50 in HITs from last week. Kind of annoying but I have to hope that the $ will eventually come through.

:-/

Quote Originally Posted by Elvis of Dallas View Post
    I'm in the same spot, so I'm glad you asked. My first payments were transferred over last night, but they came in slowly - first about $25, then another $15 or so, now I'm still sitting without payment on more than $50 in HITs from last week. Kind of annoying but I have to hope that the $ will eventually come through.

:-/
    Same here. It took a day or two to catch up but it finally did one morning. I made one big transfer and made myself a happy girl.
    All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.
    - Edmund Burke

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast