We need your help to make sure Turker Nation stays online. Please click the thermometer to learn more.
Note: clicking on the above banners and making ANY purchase returns a commission to Turker Nation.
If you can't see the ad, please click on Shop on Amazon instead. | Want to advertise here? PM Spamgirl to learn more!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Amazon Payments problems discussion

Thanks

I think the issue would be sitewide, not just turkers. I've done plenty of gift card transactions that had nothing to do with Turk money and it's all gone.

Thanks

I transfer my Mturk money to my bank account, but I had $5 from a Swagbucks gift card in my Amazon gift card account. The balance is showing $0 now, so it probably is sitewide.

---------- Post added at 09:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:09 AM ----------

Did a Google search on the problem and found this:

"Initial post: Oct 27, 2011 5:57:51 AM PDT
    ESSGirl says:
    I went to one-click one of Happy Joyce's freebies and it asked me for a payment method, I was like Yikes! Checked my gift card balance and it said $0.00 available... well I knew I had a balance left so I called customer service and she said they are running updates on their gift card balances and so the information showing is incorrect and it may take up to 1 business day to update. So I guess I won't be one-clicking anything today. So sad... Wanted everyone else to know so you won't freak out like I did when it says you have no money left in your gift card account."

---------- Post added at 09:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:15 AM ----------

How could they put our money on hold without a heads up?

That kind of behavior is not going to encourage people to purchase giftcards.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to amandab For This Useful Post:

Got to be sitewide I just put 5 $5.00 gift cards on my account Monday from SwagBucks and they are all gone. Glad I'm not in a shopping mood

I had around $120 in my gift card balance. I was planning on using that for Christmas purposes. I'm going to be extremely pissed off if that money is not back in my account soon! When I get my balance back (and I better!), I need to hurry up and use it so this can't happen again!

Message from Amazon (I just asked online chat re gift card balance problems)...

Yes, I'm really sorry for the inconvenience, there is a known issue with the gift card process, we're aware of it already, a ticket has been filed and hopefully it'll be fixed within the next couple of hours.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Carebear For This Useful Post:

My balance is back but pre transfer of my last amount.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,320 Times in 983 Posts

My balance is back, including the payment I made immediately before I checked my balance and panicked.

My balance just zeroed out and when I go to Amazon Payments, I now have a balance of 5.98 and a "Disbursable Balance" of 0.00. Anyone know what that is about? I've never had this happen before and I'm a little scared.

Is it safe to add a bank account to my Amazon Payments? I wanted to get the funds I earned from mTurk into my bank account, but after reading these stories, I am a bit hesitant. I do have another gift card on my account (I have a $30 gift card for when I signed up for an Amazon credit card). Will that balance get erased if I try to add a bank account to Amazon Payments?

Super Sized Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,394 Times in 1,502 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by osform View Post
    Is it safe to add a bank account to my Amazon Payments? I wanted to get the funds I earned from mTurk into my bank account, but after reading these stories, I am a bit hesitant. I do have another gift card on my account (I have a $30 gift card for when I signed up for an Amazon credit card). Will that balance get erased if I try to add a bank account to Amazon Payments?
    Yes it is very safe to add a bank account and transfer money to that account.

Amazon gift cards are totally separate. Once money leaves amazon payments, and you buy either a gift card or transfer to a bank, amazon payments is no longer involved.

hope this helps

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast