We need your help to make sure Turker Nation stays online. Please click the thermometer to learn more.
Note: clicking on the above banners and making ANY purchase returns a commission to Turker Nation.
If you can't see the ad, please click on Shop on Amazon instead. | Want to advertise here? PM Spamgirl to learn more!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My first flower garden !

Thanks

My first flower garden !

This is my first flower garden.. I'm pretty excited about it ! Please excuse the slightly long grass.

There's sunflowers, asters, snapdragons, johnny jump-ups, evening primrose, catnip, feverfew, bachelor buttons, five spots, and a generic wildflower mix.

Gardening with kitties is a must !

What did you all plant in your first garden ?

Love your garden and your kitty! What a beautiful space! You should post some pics later on in the season so we can see how it's coming along.

I had a beautiful garden at my house when I moved in but I wasn't able to keep it up. It turned into quite the jungle. I've since pared it down and made it more low-maintenance.

Lately, I've been focusing on vegetables in containers. This year I have tomatoes, assorted peppers, eggplant, many herbs and some lettuce and onions that I'm trying to grow from seed.

Thanks

Gosh, your garden looks great. The little fence is so cute, and the setting in the background with all the trees is really beautiful. I bet you can't wait until all those flowers start blooming - it sounds like it's going to be lovely! Hopefully you'll post more pics when it gets a little bit further along. Your kitty is adorable, too...looks like the perfect place for a catnap

Thanks

That's great scenery! Would love to see when they bloom too. And Kitty is way cute! My kitties keep the rabbits away from the veggie garden, a definite plus to owning a cat.

Thanks

Thank you all so much ! I'm getting kind of worried that it's not going to do so well, but we'll see ! I don't have much patience, so maybe I'm just getting antsy. But more experienced gardeners in my area are getting worried about their gardens too.

That looks great! I bet it will be just beautiful when it all starts to bloom fully. I just do some flowers in containers now and vegetables in the raised beds. We also have lilies, roses and irises that are planted in the ground, plus a few camellia plants. But those were here before we moved in.

Thanks

I love that kitty, I have 2 black ones myself!

Thanks

Lovely! We just moved into our house and got our garden going: tomatoes, onions, sweet corn, bell peppers, purple carrots, mini carrots, broccoli, lettuce, and pumpkins. LOL. Thankfully we inherited 3 gorgeous rosebushes in the front of the house that just needed a little love I'm not Mrs. Greenthumb so IF my veggies start sprouting I'll post pics!

PS - Kitty is a-freaking-dorable! I had to close the thread the first time because my daughter was begging me to get a kitty like that for her

Seek first to understand, then to be understood.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ladyace View Post
    I love that kitty, I have 2 black ones myself!
    Black kitties are awesome ! We have three of them. <3

Quote Originally Posted by missamyliz View Post
    PS - Kitty is a-freaking-dorable! I had to close the thread the first time because my daughter was begging me to get a kitty like that for her
    Awww. That is so cute !

Thanks

Do you have any room for some catnip for that gorgeous kitty?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast