We need your help to make sure Turker Nation stays online. Please click the thermometer to learn more.
Note: clicking on the above banners and making ANY purchase returns a commission to Turker Nation.
If you can't see the ad, please click on Shop on Amazon instead. | Want to advertise here? PM Spamgirl to learn more!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Any Aquarium Nuts Here?

Oh, yeah, I mostly do live plants, but I won't win any awards for them.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by schambers View Post
    I'm a fish nerd, too! I have 17 tanks right now. Major multiple tank syndrome going on here. I just bought a used 75 but have no idea where to put it. I mostly have native fish right now. I go out and catch most of them myself. I live in Ohio and we have a lot of different species that make great aquarium fish. I've done mostly the smaller non-game fish, but lately have gotten a few of the bigger fish. I'll make a list that you can skip if it is too long.

2 1/2 gallon: 1 female betta
    2 1/2 gallon: several small native killifish and a juvenile darter
    2 1/2 gallon: a colony of least killifish (native to southeast United States, and aren't really killifish, they are livebearers)
    5 gallon: some juvenile Apalachee Shiners
    5 gallon: a baby Warmouth Sunfish
    10 gallon: Endler's livebearers and Marmorkrebs crayfish
    10 gallon: a madtom catfish
    10 gallon: 2 madtom catfishes
    10 gallon: Mangrove Killifish and more Endler's livebearers (brackish)
    20 gallon: juvenile Orangespotted Sunfish and Tadpole madtom catfishes
    20 gallon: Sleeper and Knight gobies (brackish)
    29 gallon: a pair of ancistrus (bristlenose plecos) and a bazillion babies, plus 4 Florida Flagfish
    29 gallon: a brown bullhead and a green sunfish
    29 gallon: 3 goldfish: a shubunkin, a comet and a common; plus a garra
    30 gallon: small stream tank, it has a big powerhead to create current like a river would have. It has some dace, shiners and darters in it.
    65 gallon: a huge yellow bullhead
    100 gallon: my big stream tank, it has three big powerheads and slightly larger fish like shiners, chubs and bantam sunfish. The orangespotted sunfish will go in here when they grow up.

tl;dr I have way too many fish!
    Wow! You've got a bunch of fish I'd like to keep!

Thanks

I used to have a 55 gallon and 2 10 gallon tanks set up. Currently, I don't have any with fish in them. I do have an aquarium with my turtle in it. I do plan on setting up a fish aquarium for my 2 year old granddaughter. She loves fish, and nana's going to get her some.

Thanks

I used to breed dragon plakets (bettas with short fins, very bad tempers and a heavy coat of shimmery stuff on their scales). I stopped when a mystery something killed all my fish but two over three days.

These days I just have a crabby old lady convict named Bonnie and two walmart bettas. The one is a veil and is named Purp (for he is a purple marble) and the other a semi decent crowntail dragon in red and white named Nameless.

I'd love more fish but big tanks are problematic in old buildings!

Thanks

I just bought a 55 gallon tank for my 2.5 inch turtle that is 8 months old and four rosy red minnows.

Thanks

I am in the process of setting up and cycling my first tank. It's really, really exciting I'm nervous about messing something up, but I know that there's a lot of helpful people on the internet haha. It's a 5.5 gallon that I'm going to get a betta for. I'm slowly getting all the stuff I need to start cycling it, and I want to be fully cycled before I get any fish (I'm low on funds at the moment, so I'm buying things when I have the money). All I need is some substrate, Prime, and decorations and I can set it up and get started. I can't wait really!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12