Note: clicking on the above banners and making ANY purchase returns a commission to Turker Nation.
If you can't see the ad, please click on Shop on Amazon instead. | Want to advertise here? PM Spamgirl to learn more!

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone knitting? Whatcha makin'?

Anyone ever do any loom knitting? Just trying out the Knifty Knitter type looms. Made a scarf and dishcloth. Hard to get my tension right. Always have my stitches too tight. I crochet too tightly too.

Thanks

I did some loom knitting several years ago; made some hats, scarves, even several pairs of mittens. I will likely pick it back up someday, but right now my copious free time (LOL) is consumed with learning and practicing knitting with needles, which I find to be super meditative!

I just decided to try to learn knitting on my own. It's kind of hard. I can cast on real good though! The actual knit stitch...still working on it.

I can crochet very well but not so good with knitting. Someday I will knit myself a pair of awesome, funky socks. Socks in the store are not awesome enough or funky enough!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to kodebunny For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Hi knitters! I've been knitting for about six years now, and I've always got tons of stuff on the needles. Right now its socks for my boyfriend, a sweater in mohair, and a laceweight shawl.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,818 Times in 835 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by satyridae View Post
    I just decided to try to learn knitting on my own. It's kind of hard. I can cast on real good though! The actual knit stitch...still working on it.
    Congratulations for trying on your own. It is much easier learning with a teacher. You might try some tutorials on YouTube, though.
    I'm glad I learned to knit first before I learned to crochet. Since crochet is quicker and also easier to tear out and correct mistakes, I probably would've been lazy and kept on with the crochet. I do like the looks of knitted items better, though, than crocheted items. I'm sticking with simple small items like dish cloths right now, although I have knitted sweaters in the past.
    Follow the yellow brick road.

I have the bad habit of starting many things that I don't finish for a long time. Lately I was focusing on a pair of sweaters, one for me and one for a friend (they don't match). But I'm taking a break right now as an infection heals on my finger - it's right on the place that I hold the yarn, so frustrating!!

I'm also working on a blanket, one strip at a time. Each strip is a different color and a different stitch pattern. I made one a few years ago, here it is:

I'm crocheting baby hats. I bought a pattern the other day for a cute little hat with a brim that is adorable when finished.

Thanks

It's great seeing this post at the top of the crafts forum. I feel right at home!

Right now I've got two things on the needles. I'm working on Nymphalidea, a very pretty shawl from the latest Knitty issue. I'm also doing a pair of Kalajoki socks in blue for the Sock Knitters Anonymous and Solid Socks Ravelry groups knit-a-longs for October.

I hope my newest habit (Turking) doesn't cut into my knitting time too much!

We just moved and all my knitting stuff was packed up. I don't know why I thought going more than 30 days without knitting wouldn't drive me crazy! I'm looking forward to picking it up again. I do a lot of wool diaper covers. But I've been wanting to do some stuffed animals for my daughter. I started out only crocheting and refusing to knit, but now that I've really picked up knitting, I actually prefer it to crocheting.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast