We need your help to make sure Turker Nation stays online. Please click the thermometer to learn more.
Note: clicking on the above banners and making ANY purchase returns a commission to Turker Nation.
If you can't see the ad, please click on Shop on Amazon instead. | Want to advertise here? PM Spamgirl to learn more!

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone knitting? Whatcha makin'?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by IndigoMeadow View Post
    I am not knitting but I do Tunisian Crochet which has knit like stitches. I have been working on headbands!
    I've seen Tunisian Crochet on TV and it looks like something I'd like to do. I knit and crochet, so that seems like a good fit.

Right now I'm not working on anything because I'm spending all my time turking or learning how to turk

but saw a shawl/cowel made in the round that I think my daughter-in-law would like. Think that might be my next project

---------- Post added at 06:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:29 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by paperprincess70 View Post
    I tried to learn to knit but just couldn't grasp it. When my stepson mastered crocheting I decided to give it a try. I'm doing okay. My first project was a knit hat that didn't turn out so well. But my second hat came out okay!

Now I'm working on a blanket. I'm afraid I'll end up like cheshir3 and drag this thing around with me for years and years...
    My 9 year old grandson asked me to teach him to knit. But because I seem to do better with crochet, I thought it would be better for him. We tried and tried but his brain/fingers just couldn't get it. Then I decided to go ahead and try knit....HE PICKED IT UP RIGHT AWAY ;-) He said "see gramma, I told you I wanted to knit". It was then that I realized just some people's brains work in a crochet way and some in a knit way and those lucky ones are just as good at one as the other.

I do like cheshir3 admitting it's taken 10 years for her scarf...LOL. While I was going through a rough time emotionally, I made a scarf that was really pretty for my girlfriend. By the time I got through with it, it was about 10 feet long. I almost undid it, but decided to give it to her anyway. Her husband had just been diagnosed with cancer and she was spending a lot of time in cold hospital waiting rooms. I told her to wrap it around herself a few times and that was my arms hugging her. We both got a good much needed laugh. Now every once in a while she reminds me she's sitting with my scarf wrapped around her several times and thinks of me and loves it.
    Reiki Precepts: Just for Today; I will not anger, I will not worry, I will do my work honestly, I will respect all living things, I will give thanks for my many blessings.

I'm working in shawls, using up yarns I've had for a while, mostly solid color blends, pretty fine weight, they'll be perfect for summer. Ravelry is a boon for patterns and yarn suggestions.

I'm learning to knit a sweater for my little niece. I have trouble with yarn tension, so the project is looking uneven. Oh well!

Thanks

My hubby asked me about three years ago if I would knit him a replica of Tom Baker's scarf that he wore in the Dr. Who series. Still working on it. It's not going to be a perfect replica 'cause I ran out of some of the yarn colors, but it'll be close enough. It's about 8 feet long so far.

Quote Originally Posted by FarmCat View Post
    My hubby asked me about three years ago if I would knit him a replica of Tom Baker's scarf that he wore in the Dr. Who series. Still working on it. It's not going to be a perfect replica 'cause I ran out of some of the yarn colors, but it'll be close enough. It's about 8 feet long so far.
    I taught my husbeast to knit because of the Tom Baker scarf. Too much garter stitch makes me stabby! Now he wants to make another one out of better yarn.

I recently picked up knitting again after taking a break for many years. I finished a pair of socks and a cowl. I am currently looking for my next project.

I second www.Knittinghelp.com and also suggest Ravelry. They are awesome! Tons of patterns, many free, 3 million members, you can ask questions and get educated answers. Lots of inspiration.

I forgot to say what I'm knitting! Socks, and lots of them. I have a couple of dear friends that get hand-knit socks for Xmas every year. So far no complaints.
    One year I did Fair Isle mittens form most on my Xmas list, and was smart enough to scan the results, as well as taking notes. The next year I made matching hats, and if I hadn't scanned in those mittens, they never would have matched. I'm a big proponent of a knitting notebook - I can't begin to remember what all I've made.

Thanks

Socks intimidate me. I'll stick with scarfs and other flat misc pieces...
    May the hits be with you.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by VonDooGilly View Post
    Socks intimidate me. I'll stick with scarfs and other flat misc pieces...
    I'm fine with socks. I just need a one-footed friend, because Look a squirrel! I lose interest before I finish the second one.
    I've just finished a throw SO's sister. 4 strands of yarn on super big needles. Would very quick for someone just learning. After I made the throw, I knitted a tighter knit matching striped cover for a pillow. It is done in time and it is finished including working the ends in. http://www.lionbrand.com/patterns/90...html?noImages= (only I did mine in different purples).

Now I'm working with yarn with pomp-a-doodle yarn making a bath mat. It's kind of fun and fluffy but not really practical.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast