Note: clicking on the above banners and making ANY purchase returns a commission to Turker Nation.
If you can't see the ad, please click on Shop on Amazon instead. | Want to advertise here? PM Spamgirl to learn more!

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone knitting? Whatcha makin'?

Anyone knitting? Whatcha makin'?

I'm working on a lap throw for dh's Godmother for Christmas, and a pair of socks for me. What is everyone else working on?

I'm knitting a pair of socks for my husbeast and a lace shawl for my mother-in-law.

Have you made pedicure socks? That's going to be my next project, I think. Everyone is going to get those bad boys for Christmas!

I am not knitting but I do Tunisian Crochet which has knit like stitches. I have been working on headbands!

Quote Originally Posted by li mama View Post
    Have you made pedicure socks? That's going to be my next project, I think. Everyone is going to get those bad boys for Christmas!
    I've never made them but I am quite interested. I've seen some great patterns on Ravelry for them. Fingerless gloves are great Christmas presents also, I made some for my in-laws two years ago. This year I am thinking of getting them both these great mugs by Le Creuset on Amazon and knitting mug cozies and matching mug coasters to go along with their favorite teas from Teavana.

I've been knitting a scarf for 10 years. That sucker has moved with me countless times, survived international travel, and is still only half done, oops.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cheshir3 For This Useful Post:

I tried to learn to knit but just couldn't grasp it. When my stepson mastered crocheting I decided to give it a try. I'm doing okay. My first project was a knit hat that didn't turn out so well. But my second hat came out okay!

Now I'm working on a blanket. I'm afraid I'll end up like cheshir3 and drag this thing around with me for years and years...

Thanks

I would love to learn more than just the basic knit stitch. Any recommendations for good websites for beginners?

Thnx

P.S. I've never even mastered perling!

www.knittinghelp.com is awesome. They have free videos with all the basics. I've used them countless times when I felt too stupid to go back to my teacher, again.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to li mama For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I'm working on a baby blanket for a friend; she's been trying for years. It's a boy!
    "Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal." - Headstone in Ireland

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast