We need your help to make sure Turker Nation stays online. Please click the thermometer to learn more.
Note: clicking on the above banners and making ANY purchase returns a commission to Turker Nation.
If you can't see the ad, please click on Shop on Amazon instead. | Want to advertise here? PM Spamgirl to learn more!

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Keep reporting bad hits!

I know that reporting bad hits to Amazon is supposed to help get rid of them but what about their all high and mighty Crowdflower hits. You all know the ones I am talking about. Does Crowdflower get a pass from Amazon since they are one of the supposed "best" middle man requesters. I only say that since they actually advertise their services on the Amazon website? These hits already drive me batty with their fucked up QC questions but then too see some of their hits blatantly break the TOS really burns my ass! Okay my rant is now over. Thanks for listening.

I remember when I first started, I think I reported a couple 'broken' hits that weren't really broken, I was just using the wrong browser (or had mine configured wrongly). Kinda feel bad about that now, but it was only a couple

I came across so many surveys that weren't working today. Some that skipped over pages by themselves before I could answer, others where video wouldn't play, other times they said I answered incorrectly when I hadn't, etc. I always tried in both Mozilla and Chrome as well...just in case it was the browser. I reported most of them broken and then returned them...would it be better to submit a comment? I don't want to risk a rejection but it is such a waste of time to start a hit and then have it not work.

I have come across broken HITs for many requestors.

Anyone ever have problems with accepting a HIT and as soon as you do, it says none are available? That seems to happen to me quite often.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by workingworker View Post
    I have come across broken HITs for many requestors.

Anyone ever have problems with accepting a HIT and as soon as you do, it says none are available? That seems to happen to me quite often.
    Absolutely. Ticks me off when I have to return it, and I see my returned percentage affected....but I'm new. I thought it was just me,

Thanks

Yeah this does happen, mostly with Crowdflower and Crowdsource. Thankfully returns don't affect you, very rarely does a requester require under a certain returned percent.

This is really helpful! Thank you!

As a requester, I think it would also be nice if they did something about the legions of scam workers out there.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Annabelle For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 6,379 Times in 2,070 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Annabelle View Post
    As a requester, I think it would also be nice if they did something about the legions of scam workers out there.
    As a Requester myself, I have not found that there are "legions" of bad workers, and I've run millions of HITs over the last 11 years. I find only about 1% of my results could be considered "scamming" when I don't use qualifications, and if you take the time to learn how to use qualifications correctly, you can get that down to 0%. If you'd like to learn more, feel free to ask - we'd love to help you get better results.
    It's all good.

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to spamgirl For This Useful Post:

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789