Note: clicking on the above banners and making ANY purchase returns a commission to Turker Nation.
If you can't see the ad, please click on Shop on Amazon instead. | Want to advertise here? PM Spamgirl to learn more!

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Keep reporting bad hits!

Thanks
    Thanked 6,855 Times in 2,213 Posts

Keep reporting bad hits!

I just wanted to let everyone know that Amazon/mTurk are acting on reported HITs and shutting down accounts and removing HITs left, right, and centre! They've seen a great increase in reports - either because we're reporting more often or because there's more to report Keep up the good work!!

(I'm not going to copy and paste the rest of the posts from the original thread, but the sentiment still stands. )
    It's all good.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to spamgirl For This Useful Post:

This is good to news in my opinion.

Hello, I'm new here and new to "Turking" on Amazon. When I stumble upon one of these HITs I report them, not because I want to be a snitch but because I feel they clutter up the site with garbage HITs. And garbage HITs waste my time and I believe every other Turkers' time as well. Cheers!

Thanks

I agree. Every time I come across a hit(especially high paying one) that are obviously trying to get your info or sign up at another site, apply for credit cards, etc. I report it. I hate getting my hopes up for what I think is a good hit only to be disappointed. I don't want the next person's time wasted either.

5. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ygnd For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I never do these hits and usually report them, but I'm curious if I'm cheating other turkers out of money. If someone does a hit and then it gets removed, do they not get paid for their work? Assuming of course that the requester wasn't a non-paying scammer in the first place.

Thanks

I know, I reported 2 today, soon they will get the idea, and stop playing! "smiles"!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dedekind View Post
    I never do these hits and usually report them, but I'm curious if I'm cheating other turkers out of money. If someone does a hit and then it gets removed, do they not get paid for their work? Assuming of course that the requester wasn't a non-paying scammer in the first place.
    I'm a new turker and, honestly, I don't view it as cheating other turkers out of money. As an independent contractor, you are 100% responsible for 1) understanding which hits do not follow Amazon policies and 2) determining if the hit you accept violates Amazon policies. Any turker who accepts a hit that violates Amazon policies is assuming the risk that he or she may not be paid.

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ljstern For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 6,855 Times in 2,213 Posts

If you do the HIT and it's removed you don't get paid.

If you do a HIT and the requester is banned you also don't get paid.

I agree with ljstern - those who are clueless enough to do a bad HIT probably aren't going to last on mTurk anyway. It really requires a good dose of common sense to keep your account open and make decent money there. Anyone who lacks the forethought and pessimism which would keep them safe from bad HITs is going to end up suspended one way or another. It's Darwinism at it's finest.
    It's all good.

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to spamgirl For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Very good news to hear!
    ~Workaholic~

thegrinder
    Keep reporting - it's step one toward a clean workplace. Now, if they'd just do something about the blocks and unfair suspensions. Thanks for the info, SG.

Thanks

Thanks from a newbie to all who report these bad hits. I would hate to get burned.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast