PDA

View Full Version : Why aren't all my posts counting towards my post count?

Renee
03-20-2012, 04:11 PM
According to search results I have 30 posts now but my "count" has been stuck at 24, any ideas?

lizj97
03-20-2012, 05:21 PM
I was told that some areas of the forum do not add to your post count. Maybe the missing 6 were in those areas.

jumpingRabbit
03-20-2012, 05:23 PM
Posts in the introduction area do not count (thanks to a dork who spammed the board with responses to the introduction area)

wittking9
03-20-2012, 06:46 PM
My post count seemed to do something similar recently. I was stuck around 88 posts then the next day it popped up to where it should have been. I don't know what happened, but I did notice it.

Renee
03-21-2012, 08:45 AM
Never posted in introductions, although if the non-count forum theory is correct this forum doesn't count, because I'm still stuck at 24. Well that appears to be it. This forum doesn't count.

jrstark
03-21-2012, 05:28 PM
What posts do count? I saw something awhile back that replying to a post doesn't count. Almost all of mine have been using quick reply, do those count?

turker88
03-22-2012, 04:29 AM
Sometimes I noticed that if I post in a thread, it counts. Then if I post another response in the same thread, the second post does not count.

---------- Post added at 01:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:24 AM ----------

Well, heck, my first post in this thread did not count for me either! I was at 75 before I posted here, and I'm still at 75.

spamgirl
03-22-2012, 09:43 AM
This forum doesn't count, both intro forums don't count... I think that's all.

JavaJoy
05-13-2012, 04:28 AM
Hey fellow turkers! I just noticed that my post count here on TN isn't increasing past 40. When I came into the board tonight my count was 40. Then I made 4or 5 posts ... but it's still 40.

This happened once before but i thought maybe i was mistaken. So tonight I watched more closely. And sure enough, it happened again. Can anyone suggest what's happening to my post count?

EDITED because i just realized my error ...

Oops ... my bad. Evidently the increase is slower to show up when we look at our profiles ... but it does show up right away over there on the left side of our actual posts. I apologize for any confusion.

spamgirl
05-13-2012, 08:34 AM
Also, some forums don't add to your post count, like Turker Introductions, so that is often the culprit, too.

moffett
05-22-2012, 01:59 PM
Does anyone know why my last two new posts both show the number (e.g. 111)?

They are in different threads and different forums.

P.S. I just noticed that this post - my 3rd one in a different topic still has the number of posts.

Thank you!

KuKuKachoo
05-22-2012, 02:08 PM
Something about certain sub-forums that don't add to your post count. I think Turker Intros is one of them.

spamgirl
05-22-2012, 02:14 PM
Does anyone know why my last two new posts both show the number (e.g. 111)?

They are in different threads and different forums.

P.S. I just noticed that this post - my 3rd one in a different topic still has the number of posts.

Thank you!

Some forums don't count towards post count, like Turker Intros.

Baeras
05-30-2012, 12:01 PM
it says you now have 29 but on most forums the intro doesnt add to post count

FarmCat
06-23-2012, 11:51 AM
Hi, folks! I've been diligently working to get my post counts up and earn full access. Over the last few days I've noticed something. I've made maybe six or seven posts, but the post count next to my name has not budged. It's holding at 40. Any ideas what could be wrong?

librarian50
06-23-2012, 11:53 AM
Posting in the Turker Introductions does not count, is that maybe it?

FarmCat
06-23-2012, 11:56 AM
I was wondering about that, thanks. But that wouldn't account for everything. Is that the only area that doesn't count? What about this one? I'm still at 40 after starting this thread.

Edit: And after posting this response.

librarian50
06-23-2012, 11:59 AM
not sure about this one:p

FarmCat
06-23-2012, 12:05 PM
Okay, it's just me having a brain freeze. I could have sworn I had recently put some posts in the off-topic areas that did not get counted, but I must have been wrong. I just put something in the For Love of Food area and it counted. Sorry for the false alarm.

It's too bad that the introductions forum doesn't count. I have trouble coming up with useful contributions to other places.

Thanks for the info about that. Such great, helpful folks here!

Oh, FYI. This area doesn't count, either.

Carebear
06-23-2012, 12:10 PM
The introductions area does not count because some bright-spark before you decided the best way to get his post count up was to respond to a large number of introduction threads all at once. I personally don't want to see my feed filled with such mindless rubbish, so the removal of that forum from the post count was to act as a deterrent to others.

In the interim, welcome to Turker Nation - stick around and I'm sure the magic gates will open to you in no time at all :D

Flyfisher
06-23-2012, 12:15 PM
It's too bad that the introductions forum doesn't count. I have trouble coming up with useful contributions to other places.

Farmcat - I had a tough time feeling comfortable posting as well since I don't really turk much anymore. I got over it by realizing that you don't have to have a super turker secret to share - you can contribute to the community by sharing a laugh, offering encouragement or by by asking a stupid question -so the rest of us don't feel as stupid if we know the answer ; )

ursalita
06-23-2012, 12:51 PM
I've wondered the same thing. I think I also saw in another thread that maybe replies to a specific comment rather than a reply to the thread as a whole don't count. I'm not sure if that's true or not but that might be impacting your post count.

I'm steadily trying to increase my post count while at the same time not spamming any forums. It's a fine line, you want to add value but you also want to get your post count up. It's tough but I'm hoping that when I do get access, I'll feel like I've contributed and somehow earned it.

ToniRod
06-23-2012, 02:28 PM
Also I did notice that when you do post on a particular thread, if you immediately check that thread, you won't see that your post count increase, but if you then go somewhere else (to a refreshed page) you will notice that your post count did in fact increase. How's that for a run-on sentence?

Hope that makes sense. :)

Nyxalinth
06-23-2012, 03:28 PM
I don't think posts in Forum discussion count, either. I might be wrong on that, though.

Skye - Closed
06-23-2012, 05:49 PM
Take your time with getting full access. Gives you time to read and learn and get a feel for the flow. And sometimes, just for fun, read very old threads =) they're sometimes very funny. Or reading an old thread will answer a question you weren't sure you had...or get you thinking about another question you'd like to ask the members of the forum.

I'm only just now getting used to the forum, but that's because I've stayed away from them for so long. I found a requester I like to work for and there isn't anything I'm qualified for until probably Monday mid-morning. I'm killing time (and apparently driving my boyfriend crazy) by reading here till I can work on what I want on mturk.

FarmCat
06-23-2012, 08:22 PM
Nyxalinth, you are right about that!

Amentius
08-17-2012, 05:02 PM
I know posts in the introduction areas don't count. I'd love to see some of the areas open for me, but I won't stop saying hi to newbies when I can :)I still feel it's rude not to.

taintturk
08-17-2012, 05:22 PM
I know posts in the introduction areas don't count. I'd love to see some of the areas open for me, but I won't stop saying hi to newbies when I can :)I still feel it's rude not to.

It is nice to intro yourself to them, some days it is just to hard to hit all of them.

dack
08-18-2012, 02:01 AM
I think it could have something to do with the fact that some posts and threads get removed. That will remove your post as well.

lmhilly1971
10-20-2012, 09:10 AM
Yeah, where are all my posts & now I don't have full access to the site, when I did before...and I don't even have access to my own posts

A2-D2
10-20-2012, 11:24 AM
It's not a "once in, always in" deal. You have to stay active on the boards consistently to maintain full access.

The rules about what content is allowed in what areas apply to everyone, full access or not. If the answers to your questions were in open areas, there'd be no way to prevent scammera from getting at them.

Rosengurtle
10-20-2012, 12:00 PM
A2-D2 is correct, 5 posts in well over a year is not enough to maintain access. If you're curious about why your posts got moved, please read the rules: http://turkernation.com/faq.php?faq=vb3_board_faq

CMA
03-16-2014, 05:55 PM
My profile, listed with my posts, indicate at this time that I've only made 9 posts. But when I look up all my posts I've made via my control panel I've made at least 20 or more. Just curious as to why my profile does not reflect the actual number I've made? Any assistance is greatly appreciated. Thanks. :)

Cyn
03-19-2014, 03:00 AM
CMA, I don't know of course, but I don't think posts in intros count. At least, mine don't seem to change when I welcome new people.

RippedWarrior
03-19-2014, 12:00 PM
CMA, I don't know of course, but I don't think posts in intros count. At least, mine don't seem to change when I welcome new people.

That is correct, there are certain areas (such as introductions) where posts don't count toward your total.