PDA

View Full Version : Infractions - what they are, what they do, how you know you have one

spamgirl
05-04-2012, 12:41 PM
1. How do I know when I get an infraction?

Whether it's a warning or a real infraction, you get a PM notifying you of which post is the problem, what you did wrong and how you can avoid it in future.

2. What is the difference between a warning and an infraction?

Warnings don't give infraction points.

3. What are infraction points?

Points are given in varying amounts depending on the severity of the rule broken. Someone who posts in the wrong area may only get a few points, while someone who spams will get many. When you get a certain number of points, you are put onto a restricted membership. If you continue to be a problem, you are banned.

4. How long do points stay on my account?

As long as you don't do something else wrong, they go away based on the amount of time listed in the PM you get. Typically it is one week to one month.

5. How can I be good and not get an infraction?

Read the rules (http://turkernation.com/faq.php?faq=vb3_board_faq#faq_tnfaq).

Elvis of Dallas
05-04-2012, 05:29 PM
I received a PM that I had posted incorrectly (too far off topic in a forum full of off topic posts) - does that mean I have an infraction?

I really appreciate the forums (REALLY APPRECIATE) and want to make sure any mistake I make is a one-time only problem.

Gulfcoaster
05-04-2012, 05:47 PM
I received a PM that I had posted incorrectly (too far off topic in a forum full of off topic posts) - does that mean I have an infraction?

I really appreciate the forums (REALLY APPRECIATE) and want to make sure any mistake I make is a one-time only problem.

I looked at your profile and I don't see any infractions. Truly, we (mods) spend a lot of time sending out pm's to warn people about a broken rule before an infraction is given. We try to be as fair as possible and we don't want to give an infraction unless it's really necessary. We want everyone to just understand the rules and follow them to the best of their ability. However, everyone makes mistakes, including us. :)

Elvis of Dallas
05-04-2012, 08:01 PM
I looked at your profile and I don't see any infractions. Truly, we (mods) spend a lot of time sending out pm's to warn people about a broken rule before an infraction is given. We try to be as fair as possible and we don't want to give an infraction unless it's really necessary. We want everyone to just understand the rules and follow them to the best of their ability. However, everyone makes mistakes, including us. :)

Thanks - I try to take the benefits I've gotten from this forum seriously and adjust my posting/behavior as requested. I've always been cool with the idea that people get to set the rules in their own houses.

#libertarian ;-P

hope33
07-10-2013, 09:14 PM
glad to know you guys give warnings and understand sometimes we make mistakes....i got a PM about not posting correctly in one of the forums and was worried I recieved. I really love this forum and all the mods do here. I've learned so much with my limited access and looking forward to gaining more knowledge. Thanks you!