PDA

View Full Version : Swagbucks discussion thread

eeka
04-10-2012, 11:17 AM
Spamgirl, I saw that you deleted the swagbucks thread because of the referrals issue; no biggie. Can I post about swagbucks in terms of exchanging swagbucks tips, complaints, screenshots, etc.? Or would you rather that I not go there? Thanks!

shebillah
04-11-2012, 02:25 PM
Ah, Swagbucks! I forgot all about it. I think I've earned about $30 worth of $5 Amazon GC when I used it, only for searching and turking at the same time :3

amaeru
04-11-2012, 02:40 PM
Swagbucks was cool when it didn't have those crappy captchas on SBTV.

yurika975
04-12-2012, 10:56 AM
I like swagbucks. The captchas seem to go and come. I think they are random. I like putting on a vid and working in another window.

johnsmith
04-16-2012, 09:37 AM
I did earn a decent amount in a pretty short while doing SwagBucks on the side. My sister introduced me to it as an alternative / complement to MTurk.

Sometimes you can rake in some pretty easy money on their "HITs" which are almost identical to MTurk stuff. I flew through a bunch of one-sentence writing HITs on there one day when I wanted something off Amazon.

ariadne89
04-17-2012, 07:19 PM
I've never had captchas on my SBTV, although I've seen lots of people complaining about them so I'm hoping that my luck doesn't run out! Swagbucks is pretty decent though. As with all GPT sites, you're not going to get rich from it, but I've earned about 50$ amazon every month since I started out just by swagging while I'm watching tv or doing chores around the house. I love the march madness and spring ahead bonus challenges they've had recently - earned a bunch of extra SBs from those!

As for the tasks, they're the same crowdflower ones that you can find on MTurk, but the pay is almost always a bit better on MTurk.

Goatus
04-17-2012, 08:30 PM
If anyone wants easy bucks without the captcha swagbucks mobile gives 50 points a day with no captchas. If you don't have a smartphone an emulator like bluestacks cant run the SB mobile from your desktop.

Cpcoasterfan
04-28-2012, 05:47 PM
Easiest way to earn the bucks is instead of using an internet address bar make sure to type the website in the toolbar. It adds up quick imho.

Jewels
04-28-2012, 07:06 PM
Not sure what you mean Cpcoasterfan?

savetheunlikely
04-28-2012, 09:18 PM
Not sure what you mean Cpcoasterfan?

Ex. You want to go to Facebook.
In the swagbucks search bar, you type in Facebook. (Or Facebook.com)
It's basically just using the search bar to get to whatever site you would just normally go to.

Cpcoasterfan
04-29-2012, 12:16 AM
thanks savetheunlikely that is exactly what I mean, it is literally takes a second to do and if you do it with every website you earn swagbucks quickly. Just using the toolbar to search and for websites earns me like 5 dollar gift cards once a month. I am sure all mturkers love anything that is easy money :D

Goatus
04-29-2012, 06:56 PM
I have been getting captchas on swagbuck tv for the past week : ( .

spamgirl
05-10-2012, 03:25 PM
Take the time you waste on SBTV and work on mTurk instead. I used to spend days doing my SBTV points until i realized how much time it takes to move between videos. I was losing a LOT of money each day. Stick to searches and special codes and skip the other crap - it's COSTING you money when you can't work! Plus the pay is shit... I calculated $1 per DAY.

SunnyD
05-13-2012, 03:33 AM
I love Swagbucks!!! I've made the most money from Swagbucks TV and I have only maxed out at 150 only once though. I am actually clicking on videos too. Completely legit. My dh calculated that you can make about $7 an hour on the videos, if you only spend 1-2 seconds a minute clicking on them. That's pretty good, but kind of idealistic. But the key is to not spend too much time on them. Just let it rack up the percentage and click on the next video. You can hide the video on the side somewhere. Also I never get captchas on SBTV, I mean once every 2-4 weeks or something like that. It could be a cookie problem, if your browser is set to clear cookies.

Swagbuck Mobile is also great if you have a smartphone. Definitely take advantage of that.

It is true that time wasted in swagbucks take away from turking time though. So you have to figure out the $$/hour. I am guilty of choosing prize sites over turking. Oops!

stilts3
05-13-2012, 08:51 PM
Take the time you waste on SBTV and work on mTurk instead. I used to spend days doing my SBTV points until i realized how much time it takes to move between videos. I was losing a LOT of money each day. Stick to searches and special codes and skip the other crap - it's COSTING you money when you can't work! Plus the pay is shit... I calculated $1 per DAY.

The other thing I have noticed is that even if SBTV is just running on the side of my computer, it makes everything else on my computer run slow. I have been keeping track of the amount I am earning per hour on several different sites. For superpoints, on the superlucky button, it normally takes around 5 minutes and 40 seconds to get through 50 clicks. If I have SBTV running, the average is 7 minutes 20 seconds (about 29% longer). I feel like I am getting enough on swagbucks by letting the mobile tv running on my HP touchpad, searching instead of going directly to whatever site I want, and the small daily activities.

stilts3
05-15-2012, 11:07 PM
So, is there any reason to not just redeem for amazon $5 as soon as you can? Based on the cost of the gift cards, I don't see anything that is as good of value as this. Even the larger amazon gift cards cost more points per dollar. The only way this could make sense is if there is some type of limit on redeeming points that I couldn't find on the site.

bigbenxxxx37
05-16-2012, 01:37 PM
I had a friend who made like 60 bucks off the search alone. Though, this took forever. It could be a great way to supplement mturk if you just use it as a search engine over time.

SunnyD
05-17-2012, 07:52 PM
The other thing I have noticed is that even if SBTV is just running on the side of my computer, it makes everything else on my computer run slow. I have been keeping track of the amount I am earning per hour on several different sites. For superpoints, on the superlucky button, it normally takes around 5 minutes and 40 seconds to get through 50 clicks. If I have SBTV running, the average is 7 minutes 20 seconds (about 29% longer). I feel like I am getting enough on swagbucks by letting the mobile tv running on my HP touchpad, searching instead of going directly to whatever site I want, and the small daily activities.

I had problems with my computer running slowly with SBTV too. And the SB toolbar (especially with that SBTV thing) crashing my browser. It was crazy. I wasted a lot of time and energy on that. Eventually, it forced me to stop using Internet Explorer as my browser. I use Google Chrome for SBTV (and mTurk too.) There is some problem with IE using too much RAM. Chrome handles it a lot better and I am less likely to have everything crash in case it happens. Firefox might be better too, but I have not tried it yet. So just try spreading your stuff out on multiple browsers. And don't use the SB toolbar add on either except to get that 1 point.

I try to do SBTV for normal surfing, but not turking because it can be a distraction.

SunnyD
05-18-2012, 02:25 AM
So, is there any reason to not just redeem for amazon $5 as soon as you can? Based on the cost of the gift cards, I don't see anything that is as good of value as this. Even the larger amazon gift cards cost more points per dollar. The only way this could make sense is if there is some type of limit on redeeming points that I couldn't find on the site.

The only other offer that is worth it is the Braggable Bargain. They have a gift card on a sale every day. It makes more sense to get the sale gift cards if you are more likely to use them. Personally, I wind up with too many Amazon cards for various reasons and I don't have much of a use for them. It's cheaper to get every day things in the store. So I'd rather have a Walmart or Target card. With the Braggable Bargain, you pretty much need to increase your swagbucks so that you have enough to snag a good one. You can

There is a limit of 2 items a day and 5 of one type of prize a month. (Tip: the Braggable Bargain resets some time in the middle morning, so you can get two the day before up to the 12am PST Swagbuck end of day. Then get up to 2 again the next Swagbuck day until the Braggable Bargain changes.)

redheadch2
05-18-2012, 10:02 AM
Anyone know how long it takes to get your money deposited to your paypal account once you verify it? It says allow 14-21 days or something like that. Just wondered if it actually took that long.

stilts3
05-19-2012, 12:04 AM
The only other offer that is worth it is the Braggable Bargain. They have a gift card on a sale every day. It makes more sense to get the sale gift cards if you are more likely to use them. Personally, I wind up with too many Amazon cards for various reasons and I don't have much of a use for them. It's cheaper to get every day things in the store. So I'd rather have a Walmart or Target card. With the Braggable Bargain, you pretty much need to increase your swagbucks so that you have enough to snag a good one. You can

There is a limit of 2 items a day and 5 items a month. (Tip: the Braggable Bargain resets some time in the middle morning, so you can get two the day before up to the 12am PST Swagbuck end of day. Then get up to 2 again the next Swagbuck day until the Braggable Bargain changes.)

The bolded is what I was looking for. At the rate I am earning, 5 a month may be reached, but I doubt it.

baconfly
05-19-2012, 12:45 PM
Actually, it's 2 items of any kind per day and 5 items of the exact same kind and denomination per month. But you can get more than 5 items total per month. So for example you can only get 5 of the $5 Amazon cards per month but then you could also get 1 or more of the $25 Amazon cards (if you had enough bucks of course).

SnoAbyss
05-19-2012, 08:17 PM
I signed up for Swagbucks a few days ago, it does seem to take a while to get a lot of points, but just using the search engine I've got 200 SB so far so I think a 5 dollar gift card here and there just for using SB search instead of Google is a pretty nice thing :D And it's not like it's taking away from Turking time since it's internet searches I would've made anyway.

KatKnits
05-19-2012, 09:45 PM
I've earned $60 worth of amazon cards through swagbucks since December. Considering all I do are the daily poll, run videos in a tab on my browser and use the search engine occasionally I think it's great.

SnoAbyss
05-20-2012, 11:48 AM
Apparently SB is doing some kinda "SwagCode Extravaganza" starting this week to celebrate an anniversary, so be sure to look out for new codes often now :D I know I will.

redheadch2
05-20-2012, 01:00 PM
Thanks for the heads up! I'll have to take a look at that.

Cpcoasterfan
05-20-2012, 01:17 PM
I signed up for Swagbucks a few days ago, it does seem to take a while to get a lot of points, but just using the search engine I've got 200 SB so far so I think a 5 dollar gift card here and there just for using SB search instead of Google is a pretty nice thing :D And it's not like it's taking away from Turking time since it's internet searches I would've made anyway.

I actually have found over the course of a year that the swagbucks search is really very good. It seems to bring up the type of site I'm looking for.

SunnyD
05-28-2012, 04:48 AM
Anyone know how long it takes to get your money deposited to your paypal account once you verify it? It says allow 14-21 days or something like that. Just wondered if it actually took that long.

Paypal is shorter. It has taken 7-10 calendar days to get it.

Some of the other gift cards can take as long as 21 business days. I have seen it! But it can be as quick as 5 business days, it depends.

---------- Post added at 08:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:46 AM ----------

Actually, it's 2 items of any kind per day and 5 items of the exact same kind and denomination per month. But you can get more than 5 items total per month. So for example you can only get 5 of the $5 Amazon cards per month but then you could also get 1 or more of the $25 Amazon cards (if you had enough bucks of course).

Sorry about that mistake! I should have proofread my post first! :( I have corrected it.

Michele72
05-28-2012, 09:11 AM
Has anyone had issues with the survey section of their site? There's quite a few 'profile' surveys, automotive, beauty stuff like that. I have only made it through 2 or 3 of them.. the others keep stalling several pages in and then I have to start over which is annoying. The beauty one is especially annoying because I keep getting to like page 20 or 22 and then poof.. stalled out.

SnoAbyss
05-29-2012, 12:41 AM
Yeah I don't bother with their surveys anymore :( I try to fill out the profiles and they keep saying I need to fill out the whole thing even though I already did, and when there are some surveys up that I "may be eligible for" I am never actually eligible for them.

li mama
05-29-2012, 08:26 AM
I've only been approved for one or two surveys, and they're always so damn long! I stopped bothering. I earn most of my SB with SBTV open in a wondow all the time. i just keep clicking off new videos.

Michele72
05-29-2012, 08:45 AM
Well that sucks though I am glad to see I'm not the only one having the issues. I am stubborn so I've tried several times to finish the profile surveys but now it's to the point where I'm just saying screw it. I just made it to page 30 of the video games etc profile and then it stalled and I'll be damned if I start all the way over. Even though the answers I've already given stay so all I really have to do is continue clicking next but no thanks LOL

kristilec
05-31-2012, 04:44 PM
I try the surveys once a day but usually I don't "qualify" or there are none available. Sometimes I get lucky and rack up mega points but that only happens every few weeks. I get most of my SB's from swagtv, searching and I just started getting the idea of the swag code thing. But I concentrate on turking for the most part. If there is a day like early this week where the HITS are really low and nothing super interesting I can get a bunch of swag bucks. I'm waiting for 2- $10 paypal gift cards now. I've gotten restaurant.com ones before so anxious to see how long the paypal cards take.

eeka
05-31-2012, 06:09 PM
I watch the SBTV while turking. I have the auto reload script running so I can watch a video over and over.

missamyliz
06-01-2012, 08:51 AM
I watch the SBTV while turking. I have the auto reload script running so I can watch a video over and over.

Gotta be careful with those, they're considered bots. But, I do it too :P I just only use it every couple days or so, I don't max out on SBTV every day and I've been good for about 7 months. If you have a smart phone you can get the SBTV app and have that running while you work too. Just reload every now and then :)

---------- Post added at 07:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:49 AM ----------

I've only been approved for one or two surveys, and they're always so damn long! I stopped bothering. I earn most of my SB with SBTV open in a wondow all the time. i just keep clicking off new videos.

You can keep reloading the same vid all day and it only needs to run for about 50 seconds to move your meter up, then you can reload.

eeka
06-01-2012, 03:02 PM
Is it considered a bot though? It's just reloading the page for me and I'm here, watching the Aerosmith video as I work and hearing the crappy ads that making money for Swagbucks.

I mean, I get how they might consider it a bot, since I could theoretically walk away from the puter, but I don't consider it dishonest. If they take my Swagbucks, I'm fine with that.

amaeru
06-01-2012, 03:04 PM
For everyone wondering, autorefreshers ARE AGAINST SWAGBUCKS'S TOS. I know because my account was recently disabled for using one. :p

edit: if you want to get around this, make sure you have a variable autorefresher that refreshes at different rates (e.g., a random number between 60-70 seconds each time). That's harder to detect and mimics typical human behavior.

The fact that people actually sit and manually refresh SBTV for $5 a week is really, really sad to me.

missamyliz
06-01-2012, 11:32 PM
For everyone wondering, autorefreshers ARE AGAINST SWAGBUCKS'S TOS.

Yes they are, because they're automated. I know, it's ridiculous. If you look at the prize amount ($5 AGC is like 450 sb's right?), 1 sb = 1 cent (just about). So, you earn 3 cents for watching 10 videos for at least 50 seconds each, or 500 seconds, or a little over 8 minutes AT LEAST. That's about 21 cents an hour - if you don't have a captcha every 10th vid. Is it worth manually refreshing?

I use auto-reload on firefox. Set to 50 secs. I try to catch it on the 10th vid and do captcha if I have one.. and if I miss it and notice my sb's didn't increase, I assume I have captchas and shut it off til I have time to pay attention. I don't always have captchas, just certain days. I don't always max out, and I don't use it every day. This has worked out for me for a couple months.. fingers x'ed.

jdowling
06-02-2012, 12:33 AM
This thread just reminded me to order my first 5 dollar Amazon gift card thanks!

missamyliz
06-02-2012, 08:24 AM
This thread just reminded me to order my first 5 dollar Amazon gift card thanks!

They can take awhile to be fulfilled, like two weeks sometimes. That's one of the reasons I like Can't Beat Free better, the prizes on CBF are fulfilled within 3 days, usually sooner.

eeka
06-03-2012, 06:34 PM
Yep, I set mine on random. :D

Skye - Closed
06-03-2012, 07:32 PM
With running the SBTV on my phone I've accumulated enough for a $5 gift card already. I installed the search app on my phone but haven't used it enough to actually get points. Did a couple surveys but I'm not interested in checking to see if I qualify for them anymore. Just SBTV every day (no captchas, instant play) for a couple hours and that's 50 SB a day. And I don't think I'll ever run out of uses for amazon gift cards =) apps, books, music, even saving for a "family" gift - it all adds up in my house.

hayd3nd
07-06-2012, 04:07 AM
I like Swagbucks. I've been a member for a few months now, and finally found a good method. The trick is in Swagbucks TV. The mobile app is completely automated, so if you just let it run it will slowly get you some extra swagbucks. Also, the web version, is very simple. Just watch for a few hours, and that is about it. Combine that with searching for 5 minutes, the daily poll, NOSO, and toolbar, and you are good to go. I am able to make the equivalent of $5 Amazon every 4 days, and it works out really well. Good luck!

Lonny
07-06-2012, 07:43 AM
I've gotten a lot of the AGCs since I joined, though I didn't know I could get sbucks from the games. And you don't even have to play them, but some are addictive! So that's ten extra points a day for me now.

646count
07-06-2012, 12:32 PM
I like SW too. I ordered 2 $5 AGC 20 days apart and all I do is let the STV run in the background, daily poll and NOSO. I've tried some of the surveys but gave up because like others have said I don't qualify....ever.

Question: Has anyone ever gotten the 1000SB for being the Random Hourly Winner? I keep that in background too so I can click over, refresh, and see when it changes. Figure that's the best overall way to rack up big points.

Lonny
07-06-2012, 01:02 PM
I haven't, 646, but one thing I noticed is that if I have swagbucks open in both IE and FF at the same time, they show different winners! Other people on sb related sites have mentioned that too.

BoomMike - Banned
07-06-2012, 01:20 PM
I don't like Swag Bucks, as you're time is better spent doing the worst HITs on MTurk for the same amount of money. I still subscribe to some Code Alert twitter feeds though and get the $.05 to $.10 worth when they get posted for minimum effort though.

Even Swag Bucks TV, to legitimately watch enough SBTV to max out your $.75 worth of Swag Bucks, you'd need to be watching TV for 8 hours. 8 HOURS!

Nyxalinth
07-06-2012, 05:42 PM
I tried doing Swagbucks, I just couldn't get into it! I think I enjoy turking much more, but Swagbucks does have some benefits if you like their style.

pennyjar
07-06-2012, 10:26 PM
I was bored. I was searching. How long do they lock you out for?
It's been hours...and that funny looking swag guy is still there, "you are searching too fast blah, blah, blah".

Lonny
01-16-2013, 08:27 AM
Had something weird/unexpected happen to me today, and thought I'd share it so others can watch out for it as well. I had SBTV running on a tab and was searching on another, but when the search captcha came up I couldn't enter it (just went to a blank search page instead of telling me I had gotten the sbs). I went to open a new tab to hopefully find a quick solution and clicked on the SBTV tab instead, which had hit ten videos and was sitting on a captcha. I put that one in, then went back and the search captcha entered successfully.

TLDR: if search captcha won't enter, check SBTV tab for captcha.

gore313
01-22-2013, 09:39 PM
I made about 32,000 swagbucks in 3 months . but then I got bored of their surveys

Sdawson
01-23-2013, 12:19 AM
I've never used swag bucks. Ay be I'll check it out.

rasheemhashmir
01-31-2013, 06:03 PM
If you have a rooted Android phone, download Adaway (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.adaway&hl=en). SBTV will run continuously without having to advance the screen, good for half your meter every day.

Sdawson
02-02-2013, 04:00 AM
Well I signed up and have aro 105 SB's so far from doing stuff.

rasheemhashmir
02-04-2013, 04:58 PM
Be careful doing their surveys, I've had instances where I spend 25+ minutes on a survey which failed to load the last question. Support usually ignores this stuff saying "there is no record of a complete survey". Sometimes it feels like a scam, who knows.

Having said that, survey from Lab42 in the trialpay section of special offers is a much more considerate survey provider. For 45SB (paired with 50SB from SBTV mobile, will usually cap you per day) you'll typically be paired with a survey lasting no longer than 5 minutes. Additionally, you will be screened out after 1 second instead of 4 pages of demographics.

Wizard
02-04-2013, 06:07 PM
Gotta be careful with those, they're considered bots. But, I do it too :P I just only use it every couple days or so, I don't max out on SBTV every day and I've been good for about 7 months. If you have a smart phone you can get the SBTV app and have that running while you work too. Just reload every now and then :)

---------- Post added at 07:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:49 AM ----------

You can keep reloading the same vid all day and it only needs to run for about 50 seconds to move your meter up, then you can reload.

I realize that this is further down the line from the dates posted. But can someone please explain the reloading videos to me? At some point I have started getting a message that says you can only get credit from the same video once per day. TIA

Sdawson
02-05-2013, 02:49 AM
Yes the screening out is disturbing.

Lonny
02-05-2013, 09:40 AM
Wizard, you can only watch each video once a day now, so the reloading is a nogo.

jrstark
02-19-2013, 12:12 AM
I just downloaded the SBTV Android app. No crashing, but sometimes I get a black screen with a little x in a circle. If I tap on it, it starts again. I've never been able to do any surveys, guess they don't need my demo :( Did anyone else get the RealAge email? I signed up and did the survey, but no SBs yet. I'm still able to do the streaming radio, that's been helping a lot.

antix
02-19-2013, 01:29 AM
Seems like a nice complement to turking if done properly. I'm just letting the SBTV app run on my iPhone and I check on it every 5 mins or so to claim my SB. Doesn't really take much effort, also using the toolbar to search when i'd normally just use the Google toolbar generates some SB sometimes. I just wouldn't do it as opposed to turking because as spamgirl said before, it's not worth it.

Wizard
02-19-2013, 02:50 AM
No, but I agree, it is a nice compliment. Have earned lots of the $5 amazon gift cards.

BlueTurk
02-22-2013, 02:05 AM
I signed up for Swagbucks years ago, but I never did anything with it. I went back yesterday, and I was surprised to see my account was still active. Looks like there are lots more ways to earn Swagbucks now besides using the toolbar. I'm going to revisit them again. If I just let the Swagbucks TV play everyday, that should give me some good points to use for Christmas 2013.

VonDooGilly
02-22-2013, 08:19 AM
How does one get the swagbucks tv to run in the background without having to click on it for each new video...???

gabby354
02-22-2013, 01:14 PM
How does one get the swagbucks tv to run in the background without having to click on it for each new video...???

Someone here actually told me about the Swag tv mobile app. You can let that just run on your device. There's a max of 50 on that a day. In the browser, I have to click too. I didn't used to have to though.

VonDooGilly
02-22-2013, 01:19 PM
Someone here actually told me about the Swag tv mobile app. You can let that just run on your device. There's a max of 50 on that a day. In the browser, I have to click too. I didn't used to have to though.

Per device? or per user account?

gabby354
02-22-2013, 01:21 PM
Per device? or per user account? Good question. lol. Sorry I just don't know. I had assumed per account, but I only have 1 device so I never really thought of it.

BlueTurk
02-22-2013, 09:58 PM
I'm also running the TV/videos on my phone. Don't have to click anything. Just let them run until limit has been reached.

Wizard
02-22-2013, 10:04 PM
Can you get them to work that way on a kindle??? All I have are a laptop, kindle and desktop. Will it work on any of these? If so, please tell me how to do it. TIA

BlueTurk
02-23-2013, 12:03 AM
Wizard, did you try searching the Kindle apps store? I downloaded the Swagbucks TV app on my phone from the Android store.

I don't watch vids on my computer, but if you visit the Swagbucks homepage, click on the Watch tab located at the top of the page, and you watch vids here.

Infinite
02-23-2013, 12:16 AM
Wizard, I've read that it's really easy to emulate android software on your computer to run the app. I'm am not sure how exactly but with some googling I'm sure it wouldn't be too difficult. I too run the swagbucks app on my iphone daily which gives enough sb for three 5$ dollar gift cards a month for no effort at all.

Wizard
02-23-2013, 12:21 AM
I will try that. It will let me watch them. I just want to be able to let them run without having to click.

Wizard
02-23-2013, 04:26 PM
I managed to find an app and installed it on my kindle. THANKS so much.

armartin
02-24-2013, 01:51 PM
I love swagbucks, I don't do it regularly honestly, but I probably get an extra 5 bucks a month on amazon. Between swag and bing rewards I usually am able to purchase 1 kindle book a month, which is nice :D

VonDooGilly
02-24-2013, 04:26 PM
I'm also running the TV/videos on my phone. Don't have to click anything. Just let them run until limit has been reached.

So i assume you have unlimited data plan? And what is limit on swagbucks tv? I thought i read that it was unlimited, but can only get credit for each video once... any truthto that?

hope33
02-25-2013, 12:41 PM
Usually I just earn points through the search and surveys...I can usually earn with the search 2-3 times a day and the surveys are pretty random...never really thought of letting the videos run in the background while turking or doing other things...I usually forget about the videos LOL!! Thanks for the advice!

jrstark
02-25-2013, 02:59 PM
If you run on wifi it doesn't count against data. They limit you to 50 a day on mobile, never tried it on the computer. They do rerun the videos, I've seen the same trailer more than once a day. Comedy videos are shorter, but I've had those run out before I max out. It just stops, I hit back and switch to movies.

Infinite
02-25-2013, 03:47 PM
If you run on wifi it doesn't count against data. They limit you to 50 a day on mobile, never tried it on the computer. They do rerun the videos, I've seen the same trailer more than once a day. Comedy videos are shorter, but I've had those run out before I max out. It just stops, I hit back and switch to movies.

I believe you can only earn a max of 75 sb a day from the videos on the computer. I tried doing these but I was constantly forgetting to go to the next video. I decided it just wasn't worth my time. But if you are on the computer anyways and can remember to go to the next video it wouldn't be a bad idea to give it a go.

BlueTurk
02-25-2013, 07:23 PM

Thanks for answering. This is exactly what I do. I use my wifi at home to avoid the data usage costs.

hope33
02-25-2013, 11:55 PM
i hope you all were able to get a bunch of codes with the birthday party today!!! i just noticed the games/tournaments are back...is it just me or had they been gone for a while??? but i used to love that part of swagbucks. :D

VonDooGilly
03-07-2013, 09:00 PM
Having figured out how to turn the wi-fi on my phone, ( I'm brilliant, not!) i have since earned enough for 2 amazon cards. Been running the swag app on the phone. Very ez to do. Gonna buy a pair of good earphones for doing transcripting hits, when i have enough $$. Shouldnt take but a couple of months... makes for some nice mad money or christmas club.

wendi5000
03-26-2013, 08:52 PM
If you have multiple monitors & a decently fast computer you can do SBTV while you're turking :)

spamgirl
03-27-2013, 08:57 AM
I just wanted to post here and let everyone know that we post Swagbucks alerts in the #TurkerNation chatroom. If you join us there, you'll never miss a bonus code again :)

iStacy
03-31-2013, 02:50 AM
I have been using the swagbucks application on my kindle fire for the last week or so and it works pretty well, I can turn the volume down and it pretty much runs on its own while I am messing around on the computer. I don't really know what the bonus codes are about, but I am excited to find out how to use the chat room independent of my browser and check them out. :)

ShadeGreen
04-06-2013, 10:50 PM
I have been using the swagbucks application on my kindle fire for the last week or so and it works pretty well, I can turn the volume down and it pretty much runs on its own while I am messing around on the computer. I don't really know what the bonus codes are about, but I am excited to find out how to use the chat room independent of my browser and check them out. :)

How many Swagbucks can you earn in a day of leaving videos running on a tablet? Are there any captchas? I'm trying to decide if Swagbucks is worth signing up for or a waste of time.

jrstark
04-07-2013, 12:18 AM
If you use the SBTV app, you have a max of 50 SB per day. There are no captchas, but some ads don't load so you have to hit the white x to advance. It does crash once in a while, some of the app reviews mention lots of crashes but I only get one every few days. So you don't have to watch the videos constantly, but you do need to keep an eye on it.

Is SB worth it? That depends. If you have time on the computer, you can make goal. If you can develop a downline, even better. I've been making goal every day since part way through February when I finally figured it out.

VonDooGilly
04-07-2013, 09:07 AM
How many Swagbucks can you earn in a day of leaving videos running on a tablet? Are there any captchas? I'm trying to decide if Swagbucks is worth signing up for or a waste of time.

50 SB daily on phone/tablet. No captchas. I experience crashes, and many of the white X's. But overall, I've been getting enough for a $5 Amazon card every 6 days. I started in very late January of this year. That's $25 per month to spend on Christmas presents that I normally wouldn't have. Takes a bit of planning and a few mins each day to get it in, but I find it's minimal while I'm on the computer anyway. I don't always make daily goal--maybe 1/3 of the time... JRSTARK, help me out with that! I don't have a downline, I'm not big into that scene -- I d/won't tweet or FB my SB winnings.

librarian50
04-07-2013, 09:35 AM
I have made my goal every day since I started using the phone app! It does take a bit of tending, but well worth the easy 50 Swagbucks every day.

And if you are in chat, we always try to keep you updated on codes for the day ;)

jrstark
04-07-2013, 09:36 AM
I don't have a downline either. Look under Answer for the surveys, the ones here work. I never qualified for the daily surveys, didn't think they wanted my demo. Fill out the profiles, you get 2-4 SBs per profile. You still have to qualify for the surveys and some days don't have as many as others. I concentrate on the shorter ones. Just got a fairly quick one for 63 SBs, so hit goal for today already.

genoa
04-07-2013, 10:21 AM
Having figured out how to turn the wi-fi on my phone, ( I'm brilliant, not!) i have since earned enough for 2 amazon cards. Been running the swag app on the phone. Very ez to do. Gonna buy a pair of good earphones for doing transcripting hits, when i have enough $$. Shouldnt take but a couple of months... makes for some nice mad money or christmas club.

I've been lurking on this thread for a while. I am suspicious of installing stuff on my laptop or letting someone track me, but I think I'll try this. I recently got an iPhone and promptly turned off everything that would use data and only use wifi at home for data. I got the swag movie app, signed up and am now running viedos.

I was going to ask some questions but I just saw a notice pop up that I had earned 2 points! I guess it must be working OK.

Do I need to log in and tell swagbucks how to apply my points?

Thanks, VonDooGilly for this suggestion. :)

librarian50
04-07-2013, 10:27 AM
Your points from the phone app are automatically added to your SB for the day :)

ShadeGreen
04-07-2013, 06:00 PM
Thanks for all the feedback. I guess I'll give it a shot. I can always find a use for Amazon gift cards.

RippedWarrior
04-09-2013, 03:23 PM
Can anyone tell me where the hourly winner is found on the SB site these days? I can't seem to find it... :(

gabby354
04-09-2013, 03:40 PM
Can anyone tell me where the hourly winner is found on the SB site these days? I can't seem to find it... :(

I think they did away with that. I remember reading it somewhere, but I can't remember where.

moretimetocry
04-09-2013, 04:26 PM
Hey guys does the swagbucks Toolbar cause any unwanted performance issues or has anyone ever had any malware issues with it?

Lonny
04-09-2013, 04:32 PM
Hey guys does the swagbucks Toolbar cause any unwanted performance issues or has anyone ever had any malware issues with it?

I've not had any problems with it, but I have it in IE, which I only use a few times a day.

moretimetocry
04-12-2013, 10:58 AM
So I installed the toolbar. It worked for a day, but when I rebooted my computer it disappeared. I've tried reinstalling, clearing the cache, all to no avail. Has anyone experienced this problem?

(using Mozilla Firefox)

moretimetocry
04-12-2013, 05:09 PM
Oh and so you guys know, It is now not against the rules to share SwagBucks Codes! YAY! And also, on April,15th: instead of earning 3 Swag Bucks for every 10 videos you watch in SBTV, you’ll earn 6. Watch another 10 videos, you’ll earn another 6 Swag Bucks.

jrstark
01-18-2014, 08:34 PM
Where are shortest videos on the new SBTV Mobile? I've been watching Food, Home & Garden or News, but there are some loong (4-5 minutes) videos in there. I can't figure out how to skip or favorite on my phone, the new app isn't compatible with my tablet, and while I can install it in BlueStacks, it won't advance past the first screen. It is taking a lot longer to get my 50 SBs now, seems like fewer earnings opportunities in general.

djjustice24
09-19-2014, 07:24 PM
OK so i just joined swag bucks and downloaded the app because i read on here that watching the tv stuff is easy on the mobile app because it runs continuously. I hope that is tru. I joined and did one survey and tried to finish my profile and now i have 99 Sbucks. I tried a survey and it took like 15 mins just to figure out that im not what they are looking for ..... F#*k you never again! anywho i figure i would give it a shot plus i always see codes in the chat room and im sick of feeling left out LOL. I hope this pans out AND THANK YOU EVERYONE ON THIS thread i literally read everyone of your post and this really HELPED!! TN is awesome!!!!!! :alltens:

jrstark
09-19-2014, 08:52 PM
The surveys have gotten harder, and the apps were better before about two weeks ago. They keep coming out with new, android-only apps, but they upped the videos. New apps are 15 videos for 2 SBs. Then today they cut the max you could make per day per app. Nobody is sure what's going on now.

djjustice24
09-20-2014, 05:53 PM
I know i downloaded the vid app and left it running for a long time and only made 60 SB. ite better then nothing i guess i gave up on the surveys and downloading apps. im still trying to figure out how to get SB from doing the search bar?? any help will be appreciated.

jrstark
09-20-2014, 06:51 PM
There are now six video apps for android. I bought a cheap no-contract phone on clearance, just use it on wifi. The number of SBs per app just changed yesterday, they will probably change again and it looks like there might be another app soon. You can get a little over 200 SBs per day just on the apps.

For searches, you need to search. The wins are random, some people get a lot others hardly any. Best is usually 4 searches per day, I don't think I've heard of anyone getting more than that. Watch the FB page, people post their wins and sometimes you can get lucky with what they searched on. Singles, dubs, trips, quads are how many they've won that day. Ghost wins are when you don't see it but it shows up in your ledger.

annataxxxi
09-21-2014, 11:31 AM
I've used swagbucks for such a long time but only got to 1300 swagbucks and quit but this thread makes me wanna start playing around with it again!