PDA

View Full Version : Where did "Thank" go and what's with the plus sign?

HITforbrains
01-19-2012, 02:40 PM
The "THANKS" feature seems to be coming and going from several forum pages I use frequently, specifically the PIGGY BANK and COOL SURVEY THREAD pages.

Was wondering what's going on, as I use this feature not only to really give THANKS, but also to mark where I've left off.
I feel kinda lost without it.

Anyone?

spamgirl
01-19-2012, 02:43 PM
It has to do with posting or editing a post, it's a glitch. Just refresh the page.

HITforbrains
01-19-2012, 02:50 PM
It has to do with posting or editing a post, it's a glitch. Just refresh the page.

Thanks, but I refreshed this page 3 times, and "Thanks" just isn't there...

spamgirl
01-19-2012, 02:54 PM
I believe there is a limit on how many times you can thank in a single thread. You've reached it.

HITforbrains
01-19-2012, 03:00 PM
I believe there is a limit on how many times you can thank in a single thread. You've reached it.

REALLY?? A limit on THANKS?
I don't get it.
Do you know why?

And, by the way, THANKS.

---------- Post added at 02:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:58 PM ----------

Nope, that's not it. I just visited a thread that was new to me, and there's no "Thanks" there, either.
I'm going to try logging out and back in.

dalturker
01-19-2012, 03:27 PM
REALLY?? A limit on THANKS?
I don't get it.
Do you know why?

And, by the way, THANKS.

---------- Post added at 02:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:58 PM ----------

Nope, that's not it. I just visited a thread that was new to me, and there's no "Thanks" there, either.
I'm going to try logging out and back in. I still have the "Thanks feature" in all threads. Hope logging out and coming back on helps the "Thanks feature" reappear again for you. :)

valley10
01-19-2012, 03:32 PM
Maybe there's a lifetime supply of "Thanks" buttons for each user and you've hit it? :lol:

Seriously though, I'd try logging in with a different browser to see if that makes any difference.

moneygirl
01-20-2012, 01:51 AM
I believe there is a daily limit. I sort of remember a message the other day saying I had given out enough thanks for one day.

spamgirl
01-20-2012, 12:46 PM
I believe there is a daily limit. I sort of remember a message the other day saying I had given out enough thanks for one day.

100% correct! There is a DAILY limit, that's what I was thinking of :)

HITforbrains
01-20-2012, 01:05 PM
100% correct! There is a DAILY limit, that's what I was thinking of :)

Does anyone know the REASON for a daily limit of "Thanks" ?

Thanks...

zerdafennecus
01-20-2012, 02:26 PM
Does anyone know the REASON for a daily limit of "Thanks" ?

Thanks...

To stop cheaters. Otherwise you and friend could just team up and thank each other like crazy.

HITforbrains
01-20-2012, 02:33 PM
To stop cheaters. Otherwise you and friend could just team up and thank each other like crazy.

and that's because the more THANKS one gets the more "ESTEEM" that person is afforded on the forum?

Is that it?

dalturker
01-20-2012, 02:38 PM
and that's because the more THANKS one gets the more "ESTEEM" that person is afforded on the forum?

Is that it? Not more "Esteem" just ad-ons of more "Stars"

HITforbrains
01-20-2012, 03:02 PM
Not more "Esteem" just ad-ons of more "Stars"

What do the stars represent?

And why is having a lot of them advantageous, if at all?

zerdafennecus
01-20-2012, 04:19 PM
They stand for your reputation. Essentially it's a popularity contest of sorts but it also effects trust. Someone with all the stars decked out looks more trust worthy than someone with just one or two and your advice is more likely to get listened too. But if you don't head my advice that just hurts you, cuzz I'm right ;)

Paulette
01-20-2012, 04:22 PM
I've run into this as well. I guess I'll try refreshing the page. It's just that some days my service is so slow, refreshing a page just means sitting here looking at a little rainbow wheel whirling around and around. I sometimes just log off and forget about it.

sparky32
01-20-2012, 10:08 PM
I just encountered this for the first time in the Cool Surveys thread. Also, suddenly on some posts I'm seeing "+ Show/Hide list of Thanks". Within the same thread, some posts with thanks have this and some don't.

Please tell me that it wasn't always there, and that I've just now noticed it. :hmmm:

Sportscaster
01-21-2012, 07:14 AM
...Also, suddenly on some posts I'm seeing "+ Show/Hide list of Thanks". Within the same thread, some posts with thanks have this and some don't.

Please tell me that it wasn't always there, and that I've just now noticed it. :hmmm:

It appeared for me about 10 days ago and is probably a space-saving feature.

spamgirl
01-21-2012, 10:20 AM
It appeared for me about 10 days ago and is probably a space-saving feature.

Correct! Any post with a longer list of thanks names gets the list collapsed.

mariette
02-03-2012, 11:57 PM
Is this new? I could see all the members that thanked a post a little bit ago

mimic
02-03-2012, 11:59 PM
Yes, it has been a few weeks since this change was implemented.

mariette
02-04-2012, 12:50 AM
thanks?:blush:

sparky32
02-18-2012, 03:08 PM
I just noticed an option to "Remove Your Thanks" on the right side of the post.

Is that new? I don't recall ever seeing that before, but that certainly doesn't mean it hasn't always been there.

Sportscaster
02-19-2012, 07:45 AM
I recall that option having been here since I joined (August 2011).