PDA

View Full Version : Anyone see their own content?

bunky
01-07-2012, 10:46 AM
After doing all of these content-based writing HITs, I have taken to wondering if anyone else who has done tons and tons of these ever manage to see their own content used on a website. Most people can instantly recognize their own writing style (at least I know I can), so, has anyone stumbled across their own stuff?

Inquiring minds want to know.

ohsostrange
01-07-2012, 12:32 PM
I've found a few of the articles I wrote, but not by stumbling over them. I had to search them out.

If you've kept a copy of each article on your hard drive, pick out a distinctive phrase, wrap it in quotes and pop it into the google search bar. If that phrase hasn't been edited or altered, and the article isn't still stockpiled for future use instead of on the web right now, you'll find it.

Unless it wasn't created for publication at all. I've occasionally suspected I was doing some lazy little kid's homework.

staceyescape
01-07-2012, 03:22 PM
I've never had that happen, but I did come across one of my own tweets in a 'what's the sentiment of these Twitter posts?' hit, and one from a friend of mine, which made me laugh. Who knew my random Twitter musings were being analyzed like that?