PDA

View Full Version : Can we donate to the forum?

SugaSnapp
12-15-2011, 05:14 PM
Hey Spamgirl, I noticed that we have ads now for Amazon and I totally don't mind them that's not why I'm posting. I want to know if there is a way to directly contribute to the forum. I did search the boards but either I suck at searching or the question hasn't been asked :) I just want to give back is all. Not a fortune, just a thank you. If not for this place, I would have been lost in turkville somewhere and not able to pay my bills.

spamgirl
12-15-2011, 07:16 PM
Hey Spamgirl, I noticed that we have ads now for Amazon and I totally don't mind them that's not why I'm posting. I want to know if there is a way to directly contribute to the forum. I did search the boards but either I suck at searching or the question hasn't been asked :) I just want to give back is all. Not a fortune, just a thank you. If not for this place, I would have been lost in turkville somewhere and not able to pay my bills.

At the moment no... there are issues with Paypal donation buttons and such that prevent us from really accepting "donations" to the forum. So you can continue supporting us by visiting and adding content to the forum :)

SugaSnapp
12-15-2011, 07:17 PM
Aww that part sucks eggs but thanks :) I don't shop at Amazon but maybe I will just to donate a lil bit from time to time.

Pishpot
01-11-2012, 12:31 PM
Sorry about my last post. Didn't read the fine print under the add. Durp da durp.

ygnd
03-14-2012, 12:45 AM
I just figured out that Amazon payments is very similar to Paypal and you can send and receive money to others. Is there a way for Turkernation to accept donations that way?

NewMe
03-14-2012, 10:15 PM
At the moment no... there are issues with Paypal donation buttons and such that prevent us from really accepting "donations" to the forum. So you can continue supporting us by visiting and adding content to the forum

1) Register at Paypal.
2) Provide your Paypal address to members
3) Members can send you money

Who needs a button?

kathylagare
03-14-2012, 10:39 PM
Maybe if we all clicked on an ad, every time we posted here. I don't know if it would amount to much, but if there's a lot of members doing it, it might add up.

AWArulz
03-14-2012, 11:07 PM
As Spamgirl said, the main way you can contribute is to add content here and attract lots of folks who need the forum - and if you buy something from Amazon, use the click throughs you see.

spamgirl
03-14-2012, 11:08 PM
I cannot sign up for Amazon Payments because I'm Canadian, so no, that method won't work. I have a Paypal account, but I'm not comfortable having my personal information available to anyone who donates, and setting up a donation account requires legal loopholes that I can't jump through with this site. Neither are currently a viable option, but I appreciate the sentiment. :)

Thanks Awa :)

spamgirl
05-18-2012, 02:46 PM
If anyone still wants to donate, please get in touch - I think I have an idea.

ladyace
05-18-2012, 03:56 PM
I'd gladly donate, especially if it helped with forum access :) I bought my last purchase with the amazon link, but I'm sure you're not getting all that much from it. Let me know what I can do to help!

RippedWarrior
05-18-2012, 09:32 PM
Instead of a donation, how about a purchase? I would like to buy some of taint's stars please.

taintturk
05-18-2012, 09:37 PM
lol sure, I paid spamgirl $200 each for them. ;)

djtech9
08-25-2012, 02:05 PM
I'd be interested in donating. I want to donate to any site that helps me, and this will obviously be on of them. So, there might be a way? Howsies?

RippedWarrior
08-25-2012, 05:14 PM
I'd be interested in donating. I want to donate to any site that helps me, and this will obviously be on of them. So, there might be a way? Howsies?

You could purchase items from Amazon.com using the referral link at the bottom of every page, and TN will receive a % cut from each item you buy. That's what I do and now Spamgirl loves me.

chrism
08-25-2012, 06:47 PM
Have you considered adding a second email (a free gmail for example) to your current paypal? I think that you can leave your primary email in place and still keep that private. Pretty sure that either email will direct money to your account.

And perhaps make a paypal button in the header or footer named Forum Services?

The price or amount of the product, service, or contribution, not including shipping, handling, or tax. If this variable is omitted from Buy Now or Donate buttons, buyers enter their own amount at the time of payment.

Amount is Required for Add to Cart buttons
Amount is Optional for Buy Now and Donate buttons
Not used with Subscribe or Buy Gift Certificate buttons

djtech9
08-25-2012, 07:01 PM
You could purchase items from Amazon.com using the referral link at the bottom of every page, and TN will receive a % cut from each item you buy. That's what I do and now Spamgirl loves me.

That'd be cool. I really want an amazon.com shirt, but I'm having one hell of a time finding one on their site. Kind of strange, right? Also, there seems to be a paid subscription portion under the user control panel. Is referrals favorable to that?

spamgirl
04-18-2014, 11:06 AM
For anyone who wants to donate, please visit http://turkernation.com/payments.php and buy a package, or buy through our Amazon links. :) Thanks for your support!

jamie9100
08-04-2014, 02:03 PM
How ironic, I wanted to use my Amazon Payments account to donate to the forum. In the world of PayPal, I'm a broke bitch. Sorry Spamgirl!