PDA

View Full Version : How can I search the forum by post?

RedHeadedStepWild - banned
09-22-2011, 09:45 PM
I know I already asked if there was a way to get the search to display the exact page and that wasn't doable, but now w/ the forum being largely hidden we can't use Google to search the forum @ all. Anyone have any ideas? :cry:

spamgirl
09-22-2011, 10:00 PM
I told you how to do it in the other thread you whined about it in ;)

Go to advanced search, and the Single search option tab - at the bottom you can choose Threads or Posts.

You want to choose posts.

RedHeadedStepWild - banned
09-22-2011, 10:05 PM
:baghead2: I must have totally missed that. I only remember the part about not being able to find what page it was on :sorry2:

[EDIT] Works a treat - THANKS!

connielee
09-23-2011, 01:31 AM
GREAT avatar, spamgirl!!!!!

spamgirl
09-23-2011, 11:58 AM
LOL Thanks Connielee :) I support the troops and their big cups, as long as 2 girls aren't involved...

---------- Post added at 11:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:57 AM ----------

:baghead2: I must have totally missed that. I only remember the part about not being able to find what page it was on :sorry2:

[EDIT] Works a treat - THANKS!

NP - I figured you did, and now it has it's own thread so anyone else who needs to know will HOPEFULLY be able to find it easier... although maybe not if they try to search for it without knowing the trick ;)

eltopiafrank
09-27-2011, 12:08 AM
Well, if I may risk getting a rude reply like the other person got, I did just what you said. I went to advanced search and selected posts and typed in the word "pay." Nothing came up in the search. I find it hard to believe that nobody posted anything about pay.

spamgirl
09-27-2011, 08:05 AM
redheadedstepwild and I are pals, I was joking with him (thus the winky face.) "pay" is far too short a word to be searching, that's your problem - you need 4 letters to really find anything. On top of that, you don't have access to the entire forum yet, so you aren't able to search the areas that you can't get to.

turkman9 - banned
01-15-2012, 05:14 AM
You want to choose posts.
If this is the best way to search, how about making it the default?

tigger
01-15-2012, 06:35 AM
redheadedstepwild and I are pals, I was joking with him (thus the winky face.) "pay" is far too short a word to be searching, that's your problem - you need 4 letters to really find anything.

This was a problem in the old forum too. You can't, for example, search for requester names that are only 3 letters long.

spamgirl
01-15-2012, 12:22 PM
If this is the best way to search, how about making it the default?

I'd rather spend my time making money on mTurk than fiddling with crap that doesn't need to be fiddled with.

---------- Post added at 11:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:21 AM ----------

Well, if I may risk getting a rude reply like the other person got, I did just what you said. I went to advanced search and selected posts and typed in the word "pay." Nothing came up in the search. I find it hard to believe that nobody posted anything about pay.

You can't search 3 letter terms, they're too common and aren't indexed by the forum software.