PDA

View Full Version : How do I know when I've "unlocked" the whole forum?

roswelldk - banned
01-08-2012, 04:54 PM
I was wanting to know if I now have full access to the forum? Or if there is still more threads to unlock? Thanks for the help!

Stlrfn - closed
01-08-2012, 05:39 PM
I was wanting to know if I now have full access to the forum? Or if there is still more threads to unlock? Thanks for the help!

IDK but with 50+ post in the past hour the first thing I would think was SPAMMER anyway!

blue
01-08-2012, 06:38 PM
No, you have not. There is a very special forum for those of us in the know. It not only requires a certain number of posts, but they also must occur in the correct forums and in the correct order. Think of it like a passcode. Up up down down left right left right b, a....

taintturk
01-08-2012, 06:44 PM
You still need to unlock the 5 star forum, you only gain access to this forum when you have 5 stars of expierence, or you can purchase them directly from spamgirl for $20 per star.

Desert_Mama
01-08-2012, 06:46 PM
You still need to unlock the 5 star forum, you only gain access to this forum when you have 5 stars of expierence, or you can purchase them directly from spamgirl for $20 per star.

What, it's only $20.00???!!! She charged me $35.00!!!:o

EMfromOZ
01-08-2012, 06:58 PM
Y'all are ahead of/behind me. :baby:

spamgirl
01-08-2012, 06:59 PM
Taint gave other things in return for access.

It's currently $100, but only if I like you.

---------- Post added at 05:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:58 PM ----------

You had it loooooooong ago!

taintturk
01-08-2012, 07:00 PM
What, it's only $20.00???!!! She charged me $35.00!!!:o

Then she must have scammed you, cus I only see one star . . . ;)

---------- Post added at 07:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:59 PM ----------

Taint gave other things in return for access.

It's currently $100, but only if I like you.

---------- Post added at 05:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:58 PM ----------

You had it loooooooong ago!

Oh yea

I forgot

I feel like such a whore

spamgirl
01-08-2012, 09:36 PM
Oh yea

I forgot

I feel like such a whore

With ALL of those stars, how could you possibly forget?

pealeaf
01-08-2012, 10:05 PM
Mmmmkay, is this for real? The "five star forum?" Feeling a little gullible here, lol.

Stlrfn - closed
01-08-2012, 11:18 PM
Mmmmkay, is this for real? The "five star forum?" Feeling a little gullible here, lol.

Sure is..... but you have to do something special for taint. :lmfao_f:

---------- Post added at 10:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:18 PM ----------

and fair warning..... he likes Llamas! :yes:

staceyescape
01-08-2012, 11:35 PM
This whole thread is reminding me of my high school and the seniors telling the new freshmen each year all about the awesome pool on the rooftop level :lol:

Jewels
01-09-2012, 01:27 AM
My stars got lost in the mail.

stacey
01-09-2012, 08:17 AM

I had a coupon..? Buy one star, get the second free. I love BOGO star specials. I still had to pay full price for that 5th star, but it still saved me lots of money.
Spamgirl has been putting out some amazing coupons, you guys really ought to pay attention ;)

spamgirl
01-09-2012, 09:18 AM

LOL of course not :) Stars are related to how many Thanks you get on the forum.

taintturk
01-09-2012, 09:29 AM

I was just screwing around. roswelldk posted like 100 messages in a half hour, so I was being a smart ass.

Stlrfn - closed
01-09-2012, 09:42 AM
I was just screwing around. roswelldk posted like 50 messages in a half hour, so I was being a smart ass.

Yep you have to mess with someone who post 100+ post in 30 to 40 minutes just to get the "magic number" then when they realize the "magic number" has been hit they expect to have all of the answers right in front of them. It kind of defeats the purpose of the whole "full forum access" if you ask me when peeps can just post nonsense over and over again until they get that access. :rant:

spamgirl
01-09-2012, 10:19 AM
Yep you have to mess with someone who post 50+ post in 30 to 40 minutes just to get the "magic number" then when they realize the "magic number" has been hit they expect to have all of the answers right in front of them. It kind of defeats the purpose of the whole "full forum access" if you ask me when peeps can just post nonsense over and over again until they get that access. :rant:

The best part is when they realize that it takes more than just hitting a certain number of posts to get access :)

---------- Post added at 09:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:06 AM ----------

I had no idea what roswelldk had done - it's against the rules. I've suspended him.

taintturk
01-09-2012, 10:37 AM
Yea, I was wondering about that. The bad part about it is she/he cut and pasted the same message over and over. And was posting three messages a minute, as fast as the forum would allow.

---------- Post added at 10:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:28 AM ----------

And on another note, it really SUCKS that one person had to mess it up for ALL the new members who were posting and welcoming and helping their post count.

Carebear
01-09-2012, 10:55 AM
I wondered what was going on last night - logged into 6 pages of "new posts" and they were all welcome threads - what a dumbass :)

stacey
01-09-2012, 10:57 AM
I had that same concern a while back. I like telling everyone hello and welcome when they join. I hadn't been on in a while, so I did a bunch of "hellos" at once, then I went back and pulled up latest posts and realized I'd spammed the entire first page! I wasn't trying to get access though, but I haven't done it again. I don't want people having to flip through the first page to get through my greetings just to find the information they need. So now I just catch them when I can, and if I don't, I'll get around to it one day :)

SO, if you're reading this and I haven't said HI....:welcome:

taintturk
01-09-2012, 11:02 AM
I had that same concern a while back. I like telling everyone hello and welcome when they join. I hadn't been on in a while, so I did a bunch of "hellos" at once, then I went back and pulled up latest posts and realized I'd spammed the entire first page! I wasn't trying to get access though, but I haven't done it again. I don't want people having to flip through the first page to get through my greetings just to find the information they need. So now I just catch them when I can, and if I don't, I'll get around to it one day :)

SO, if you're reading this and I haven't said HI....:welcome:

It is completely different.

This was specifically done to gain access. Not being the awesomely nice person you are. lol You are friendly to everyone.

stacey
01-09-2012, 11:05 AM
Aw, thanks. I try to be, but I realized how totally annoying that could be to open up the page and see the "hello by stacey" list.

Hollie - Closed
01-09-2012, 12:06 PM
Just curious is suspended the same thing as banned from the forum?

Stlrfn - closed
01-09-2012, 12:11 PM

Nah, when you get your account suspended it is not from the forum it is from the work site. If you are banned from the forum you can not come back to the forum but you can still work.

EDIT: btw... since I am not as active on the forum as I used to be and I completely agree with taint.... I would like to bestow upon stacey and gladly relinquish the title of "FORUM MOMMY" to her! :yes: You My Dear One are by far one of the sweetest on here! :thanks: FYI .... It was a close run though between you and gulfcoaster! :giggle_f:

Hollie - Closed
01-09-2012, 12:13 PM
hmmm. Not sure if that cleared it up for me. Spamgirl said that she suspended the original poster. Are they now banned from the forum? Maybe I did not phrase the question right. (just woke up, still sleepy :))

-----
Never mind. Dumb blonde moment. looked at the first page of this thread. Saw the word banned. Doh!!

BunnyFlavored
01-09-2012, 12:15 PM

If you're asking about Spamgirl's use of the word "suspended" several posts back, yup, he's banned from the forum permanently.

ygnd
01-09-2012, 12:49 PM
I like how those who are *Banned*, now have it right under their name. You've been Scarlet Lettered! kinda

spamgirl
01-10-2012, 11:04 AM
I like how those who are *Banned*, now have it right under their name. You've been Scarlet Lettered! kinda

I could also change their avatar to a big red like... no smoking symbol, you know what I mean LOL I was considering it.

Carebear
01-10-2012, 11:05 AM
LOL Spamgirl I like that idea - kind of like "you are the weakest link - goodbye" :D

kblover
01-10-2012, 01:04 PM

Didn't it used to be next to their name?

I know I've seen posts that have [username] - banned

I like that international symbol for "no" idea too. Or a BIG red

X

wbr
01-11-2012, 12:32 AM
You could one of these for the avatar:

Wait, I might shop that first one to say I'm a douche bag and use it as mine :)

mykill86
01-27-2012, 05:17 AM
Is that also the same if their avatar shows "spammer"?

moosemuffin
01-27-2012, 09:19 AM
Yeah, what's up with the spammer avatars? Or is it just one avatar someone has and I just look crazy thinking I see it everywhere.

tina1rules
01-27-2012, 09:58 AM
I was just screwing around. roswelldk posted like 100 messages in a half hour, so I was being a smart ass.

Man I could so do better than that.

kella
01-27-2012, 12:16 PM
Yeah, what's up with the spammer avatars? Or is it just one avatar someone has and I just look crazy thinking I see it everywhere.

I think you're referring to taintturk's funny 'tongue-in-cheek' avatar ;)

RarelyScene
01-30-2012, 03:46 PM
I would love to just have read-access to the requester forums.. I have no idea what I'm supposed to do to gain access.

Project 2501
01-30-2012, 04:07 PM
I would love to just have read-access to the requester forums.. I have no idea what I'm supposed to do to gain access.

You will need to start posting on Turker Nation for starters. The better your posts are the quicker you will be able to get full access.

Read this thread for tips on places to post.

http://turkernation.com/showthread.php?4506-Reaching-the-required-number-of-posts-for-Full-Access

Snyshine
02-20-2012, 04:18 PM
No red roses (Bachelor reference) for those banned :)

turkeyjerky
02-23-2012, 11:28 AM
I have made wire of 2.1M$ to bank acoount in names of spamgirls to small overseas country

I have yet to access five stars

Please help I want to make $3/hr

Also what are the gold and platinum membership levels mean?

Elvis of Dallas
02-28-2012, 01:16 PM
This is a funny thread - it's totally ok with me if this post doesn't count towards unlocking any magic areas, I just had to chime in and say thanks for the smiles after the tedious 30 HITs I just did at $0.15 a pop.

:)

rstokes - Closed
06-07-2012, 06:47 AM
I'm new to this and I know that I'm suposed to contribute. But as things unlock how do I know it?

Hollie - Closed
06-07-2012, 07:16 AM
You will know because you will see all of the forum. All of the sections that are currently marked as private will be open and you will have access to them. Keep posting in the areas you can see and before you know it you will have access.

Check out out this thread: http://turkernation.com/showthread.php?4506-Reaching-the-required-number-of-posts-for-Full-Access

and this one for more information on gaining access and how to post on the forum.
http://turkernation.com/showthread.php?4060-Proper-Posting-on-Turker-Nation

The stickies are your friend. Read those to learn the rules of the forum and how things work. Many of your questions will be answered there.

taintturk
06-07-2012, 07:50 AM
There is a huge fireworks display and you will hear Gregorian Chanting Monks playing every time you open the forum.

jumpingRabbit
06-07-2012, 10:10 AM
There is a huge fireworks display and you will hear Gregorian Chanting Monks playing every time you open the forum.

Don't forget glitter. Cherubs sprinkling glitter EVERYWHERE. Takes weeks to remove it from your keyboard.

In all seriousness, dear sir or ma'am, you just log in and have access. No note, you just look up and the vault has suddenly been opened.

hardbackjean
06-07-2012, 11:19 AM

Darn, I was hoping for a live, full orchestra with full choir rendition of Beethoven's Ninth Symphony...maybe followed by Tchaikovsky's 1812 Overture with canons.

The above delusion maybe due to the fact that I just assumed that Gregorian Chanting Monks were the standard background music for all when you/they are in the inner sanctum.

:D

646count
06-07-2012, 03:57 PM

love your humor....oh, maybe it isn't humor since I haven't been unlocked yet....soooo looking forward to the Chanting Monks

Eve975
06-07-2012, 04:10 PM
You will know because you will see all of the forum. All of the sections that are currently marked as private will be open and you will have access to them. Keep posting in the areas you can see and before you know it you will have access.

Check out out this thread: http://turkernation.com/showthread.php?4506-Reaching-the-required-number-of-posts-for-Full-Access

and this one for more information on gaining access and how to post on the forum.
http://turkernation.com/showthread.php?4060-Proper-Posting-on-Turker-Nation

The stickies are your friend. Read those to learn the rules of the forum and how things work. Many of your questions will be answered there.

Thanks for posting the links :)

Sdawson
12-30-2012, 11:39 PM
Maybe a skull and crossbones!

I could also change their avatar to a big red like... no smoking symbol, you know what I mean LOL I was considering it.

starla
12-31-2012, 01:19 AM
konami code lol